"Shooter" Movie on DVD

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

"Shooter" Movie on DVD

Post by Rick in Oregon »

The movie "Shooter" with Mark Walberg is coming to DVD 26 June for those interested. Story of a former Marine sniper wronged and on the trail to sort it out. Excellent book too, titled "Point of Impact".

I have not seen it, but former Marine friends and 'operators' here tell me it's pretty accurate technically speaking except for one 'oops' regarding a Barrett M82 scene, otherwise spot-on in most regards, and a great story.

Just a FYI..... :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Post by dannybracy »

This movie was AWESOME. Girlfriend MADE me go to it 3 times in the theater she thought it was great and wanted to buy it when it came out. Thanks for the info RICK. Shooting genious and movie critic. Who knew? LOL -Dan
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I've read the books (all of them!) about Bob Lee Swagger, and his father, and they are pretty entertaining, and technically pretty darned close, which is plenty rare enough. I haven't seen the movie yet, so I guess I'll wait it out. Thanks for the heads up, though.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
RacefacE

Post by RacefacE »

AWESOME movie, i cant wait for it to come out!

if you dont mind half descent quality and someone in the way for a couple minutes of the movie, you can watch it here
http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/4/1528
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Glenn: Ditto for me; read all the Swagger books also, excellent material and quite well researched as you mentioned (for a refreshing change).

The 2nd book in the series, "Time to Hunt" is what I believe the movie was based, and was my favorite of the three. I was incorrect in mentioning earlier that it was "Point of Impact". Nonetheless, all very good stuff for guys like us. ;)

Dannybracy: Genius?..... doubtful, but thanks anyway. I'll have to make sure my wife reads that one. :lol: With the price and hassle of going to the movies these days, I usually just wait for the good ones now and just buy the DVD. For the price of going out, paying admission, popcorn/drink, gas, parking lot dings in your car/truck, you can OWN the movie for less, and watch it as many times as you want. This seems to be more common that I had imagined, as Hollywood now says that over 60% of gross movie revenue is from DVD sales. Who wuda thunk? :shock:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

CV32

Post by CV32 »

A moderator from another site (in Canada) was a weapons tech on the movie. He painted all of the rifles that were used, including that smart looking CheyTac .408.
The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving. - Ulysses S. Grant (1822-85)
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Thank you........on movie info

Post by Ray P »

Yep I thought it great movie. The location for the final movie sene was great.......Canadian Rockies! I can say this I'm glad I'm "American"..........but when "big bro" wants to cover something up, they have the power and the means do it..........that all I'll say. Yes it is a grat movie and I enjoy it with wife, she liked it too. Thanks on the info of the movie coming out on DVD.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Arizona Hunter

Post by Arizona Hunter »

I have only met two guys that saw this movie and both liked it a lot, but I had not yet seen it;Thanks for the heads up on the release date!