Any one from Tennessee

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Bad Dad

Any one from Tennessee

Post by Bad Dad »

If any of you fine 204 enthuses now live in or at one time in your shooting lives lived in Tennessee please let me know. There is a small chance that I might end up there next year and would like to talk to someone who knows what kinda of vermin there are there that you can shoot at.
Thanks
g-
"Bad Dad" Given to me by my 8 year old son after watching a 60's movie were I had to explain “BAD” as being “Awesome, Sweet, Rad":cool: . Love that kid
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Bad Dad: One of my best varmint shooting buddies lives in TN. PM me with the area you'll be in, and if even slightly close, I'll put you in touch with a varmint/rifle fanatic of good character and knowledge.

This fellow comes out here every year for our annual "Rat Rodeo" we have for old friends to gather and shoot Skippy. He's as serious a shooter I know, and a hoot to be around, and only second to Jeff Foxworthy for redneck jokes. Let me know......
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

sniper2o4

Post by sniper2o4 »

Hey Bad Dad, I live in Sparta.
sniper2o4

Remington model 700 ADL .204 w/ Leupold 2-7x33 Vari-X I

Marlin model 25mn .22 mag w/ 2.5x32 Bushnell sharpshooter
TnTnTn

Post by TnTnTn »

I live in the middle TN area and can use the .204 for coyotes, groundhogs, crows, foxes, bobcats, and probably a few others. In fact it is now legal for deer in TN(any centerfire) but I have better deer rounds. Right now I just have a .204 Encore but I will get a CZ repeater before too long hopefully. TnTnTn
Hidalgo

Post by Hidalgo »

I'm in Chattanooga. If you are coming to this area, let me know.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

For those who might be interested, there's a match coming up, not too far from Knoxville or the surrounding area.

http://www.varminthunters.com/bbb.html

There are a lot of TN, VA, OH,WV, IL, IN and KY shooters who show up, it's a hoot of fun shooting and it's pretty sporty stuff in the wind tunnel they call Buck Creek Range. It's close to Somerset, where there are a lot of motels and eateries, if you choose to spend the night there. I will probably be there, but I'll just be back from a Missouri trip, watching my nephew get married, so I probably won't shoot, but the visiting is worth the trip, alone, and the food is VERY good. We've had shooters from as far away as GA and MN, so if you're from Kentucky or Tennessee, you really don't have a good excuse :P not to show up. :D
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
sniper22-250

Post by sniper22-250 »

I'm from McMinnville.
sniper22-250