Cooper Advice

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Hey W.P., there is a Sako Model 75 in .204 on Guns America for $1,699.99
I'm not familiar with Sako's so I don't know the difference between the 75 and 85, but it's listed as Varmint, Stainless, Laminated. Just thought I'd point it out as it fits my "I just can't wait no more" mentality :lol: Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Gary: Keep at it buddy, and you'll have wives hating you like they do me! :lol: "Did you HAVE to tell my husband about that rifle?" You velly bad man!

WP: That may be one of the last M75V's SS/Lam/Fluted with the set trigger.....tempting, ain't it? ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Captec and Rick, Thanks. That is tempting. I looked at those two Coopers for an hour this morning. I was so close. I usually do not have that mush restraint, but I just could not pull the trigger. The new custom my brother just got a few weeks ago is nagging at me. I can get a good deal on the components and an accelerated time on the smithing as he does all the shotgun work for this guy. Going to CA to shoot in three weeks and I’m going to test out the rifle. Should hear from the Beretta gut in a week or so. He is on the way to Finland to see what the deal is, but is not optimistic.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

It's okay Rick, my wife has hated me for a long time :eek: Her daily montra is "you keep buying those guns and things I don't want around..." :shock: So just for fun I buy more!!! :lol:
chasinElk

Post by chasinElk »

Ok guys, now after reading all this you have me convinced to get a Cooper and I didn't even ask the question :eek: I'm leaning toward a model 21 phoenix in, of course the 204. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
"Speed is nothing without controll"
doubleA

Post by doubleA »

It's okay Rick, my wife has hated me for a long time Her daily montra is "you keep buying those guns and things I don't want around..." So just for fun I buy more!!!
captqc.........2 weeks after getting my latest Cooper I came home with a new 20ga turkey gun (for her) and a .40 s&w pistol for myself...she didnt say much...yesterday I picked up a new Sako TRG 42 in 338 Lapua and she really didnt get to flusterd, but yeah she's not amused with my gun buying for the month of March :lol:
Life is good, Give God the Glory.....doubleA
Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Post by Robert harrel »

chasinelk in gun broker.com they also have a cooper phoenix 204
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.
chasinElk

Post by chasinElk »

Thanks -Robert I'll check it out.
Phasor
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix

Post by Phasor »

chasinElk

I own a Cooper Phoenix in 204 and it is one of my favorite rifles. It shoots most all bullets under a half inch and the 39 Sierra usually if I do my part a quarter or better. The only one that it doesn't like is the 32 Vmax. But I admit that I haven't done much load work up with that bullet. All in all, I think that you would be very happy with one of the Cooper's.

Phasor
chasinElk

Post by chasinElk »

Phasor- Thanks, did you buy your Cooper locally? Do you want to sell it :D
NuMatthu

Post by NuMatthu »

That is a darn fine looking Cooper. Does that have a timber upgrade?
doubleA wrote:Image
rick

Cooper

Post by rick »

If you are looking for a cooper give Whittaker Guns a try they had the best prices. They carry a large selection, ph 270 229 0140.
doubleA

Post by doubleA »

NuMatthu.......... Yes you could say it is, I have others with stanard AA wood and they arent all that great. I decided to furnish the blank on the one pictured. Copper doesnt give any credit for using customer supplied wood but at least you know before hand what you are getting.

Here's a pic before it was turned............

Life is good, Give God the Glory.....doubleA
NuMatthu

Post by NuMatthu »

I'm in Australia and am in the process of ordering a Montana Varminter. Getting a Cooper here is somewhat a bit of a task and is probably going to take 6 months or more, perhaps I should get a Mickey Mouse timber upgrade....approx. what is the extra cost to go to the AAA select timber??
LRJ35A

Post by LRJ35A »

doubleA wrote:
It's okay Rick, my wife has hated me for a long time Her daily montra is "you keep buying those guns and things I don't want around..." So just for fun I buy more!!!
captqc.........2 weeks after getting my latest Cooper I came home with a new 20ga turkey gun (for her) and a .40 s&w pistol for myself...she didnt say much...yesterday I picked up a new Sako TRG 42 in 338 Lapua and she really didnt get to flusterd, but yeah she's not amused with my gun buying for the month of March :lol:
Same crazed look I get sometimes, in the last 30-days Cooper Varminter-204, Cooper Jackson Hunter 22LR, and last Saturday to cap it off an Ed Brown 1911 Kobra Carry, w/a new Strider SNG to match. Thats when she promptly went downstairs and got online to JewleryTV.com and a few others.

Pretty funny..
"Lock n Load" ...Denny Crane