Prarie Dogs protected

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Prarie Dogs protected

Post by Pmoper »

Did anyone else see the special on TV the other night about protected prairie dogs in a town in Utah...? They are actually undermining roads and buildings and even the cemetery....but there is an ordinance that had been passed protecting them......can't shoot them, trap them or even disturb them......talk about a stupid law coming back to haunt them....... :huh:
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Re: Prarie Dogs protected

Post by Bodei »

It's not just any law, its the Endangered Species Act. A law with good intentions and ridiculous outcomes.
K = ½mv2
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Bodei wrote:It's not just any law, its the Endangered Species Act. A law with good intentions and ridiculous outcomes.
And the anti-hunt groups are pushing the use of this law on various species. One way they are trying to close down hunting and work on gun control. If you can't hunt, why own guns, is their plan.. I believe there is one or two other states looking at no hunting on ground squirrels, etc. also. :wall: Bill K
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

Bill K wrote:
Bodei wrote:It's not just any law, its the Endangered Species Act. A law with good intentions and ridiculous outcomes.
And the anti-hunt groups are pushing the use of this law on various species. One way they are trying to close down hunting and work on gun control. If you can't hunt, why own guns, is their plan.. I believe there is one or two other states looking at no hunting on ground squirrels, etc. also. :wall: Bill K
I've heard that ground squirrels can't be shot in Washington (I go to Oregon myself). But I do remember an instance a few years back with them over in Spokane area at a park (IIRC). Anyway, there was all of these ideas of trying to get them out. The government (city council or county commissioners) came up with a plan to gas them out, somewhat similar to Caddy-shack but w/o the explosives. Quite the uproar with the PITA (aka PETA) group. Don't recall how it came out. I can't imagine ground squirrels being on the endangered species list but I can imagine them being a darn pest.

You analogy on gun control is correct. I've noticed since the 1994 Congressional Elections, gun control legislation has been head-on as it was in the 80's & eraly 90's. Instead it has been in around about ways and one that has been circling for some time now is via the UN. On that subject, I don't know what is fact from fiction but I have a hard time understanding how the UN trumps "any" county’s sovereignty. But if there is a way, I can count on the Clinton/Obama/Holder machines to execute the scheme(s) and carry them out.