1 for my efforts yesterday.

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Kale_M
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 VTR

1 for my efforts yesterday.

Post by Kale_M »

went out today with a buddy who has never called coytes before. Pretty cold this morning and crazy foggy this morning but once the sun burnt it off it was beautiful out there! Fresh snow onthe ground and tracks everywhere!! Called in 4 today. Only managed 1 though...My shooting was HORRIBLE!!! Got this guy as he came in around a hill downwind of us. 292 yard shot as he was leaving put him down on the spot without a twitch. Loving the 35 gr bergers! Next weekend I am going back up to where we shot 17 in 4 days a couple weeks ago.. Hope to have a few more on the ground! This is the 14 one I have personally killed this year. #26 between my hunting partner and I.

Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: 1 for my efforts yesterday.

Post by Silverfox »

Kale_M--Congratulations on putting one more coyote on the ground. Too bad you educated the other three, but maybe they will come in again later on this year or you can save them for next year. That's a good looking rifle and from what I can see of the coyote, that looks good too. Are you skining them, selling them in the round, or just exterminating them?

The background in the photo looks pretty flat. What part of the country are you from?
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

Congratulations on a great looking Coyote....looks to have a nice thick Winter Coat! :chin:
predhunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by predhunter »

very nice love the wide open land and what is that for a stock on your gun.
Kale_M
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 VTR

Post by Kale_M »

Right now i am just Doing control work silver fox. Don't have the room or facilities to skin and keep hides. I hunt in the rolling hills of southern alberta canada. There are coyotes everywhere down there so I don't have to worry about educating to many lol.

The stock on my rifle is a hs precision stock. It is a rem 700 vsf in 204.
DoubleUp
.204 Ruger Guns: 204 Ruger

Post by DoubleUp »

Very good work and excellent picture.