Got a young one this morning

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
DoubleUp
.204 Ruger Guns: 204 Ruger

Got a young one this morning

Post by DoubleUp »

In the bait right at first light. Not as much fun as calling, but I'll take it anyway.

verminator3
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Center Encore and Ruger MKII 77

Re: Got a young one this morning

Post by verminator3 »

You are on a roll :D
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

Way to go DoubleUp....sometimes we deserve an easy shot every once in a while! :chin: :mrgreen:

Just think of the ones You had to work extra hard to get....looks like that one is still trying to run away? :duh: :lol: :wink: :D
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

DoubleUp--Congratulations!!! What's that green stuff the coyote is laying on--green patio carpet???
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
DoubleUp

Post by DoubleUp »

Silverfox, still haven't had opportunity to make the mods you suggested to the mag feed lips to try the 35 Bergers. I usually use my AR for calling and so shortly I hope to break the 204 down and fix the problem. However I must say the 32 v-maxes have worked extremely well. I've shot 11 this fall and only one was not a bang flop. That one was knocked down and got up and ran 30 feet before expiring. I'm not fooling myself on what will happen if I miss and hit a shoulder bone. Thanks for your help.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

DoubleUp--I was happy to be of service. I hope you get a chance to get the feed lips on your magazine fixed so you can begin to use the 35 gr. Bergers. Heck, you could shoot that rifle as a single-shot and go ahead and use the Bergers. That's the way I have to shoot my Tikka Master Sporter in .22-250 because the OAL of the cartridge is so long it won't fit in the magazine. That hasn't stopped me from bagging a double once in awhile either. I have a shell holder on the stock so the shells are quite handy and if I am thinking fast enough when I see a couple coyotes coming in, I usually take an extra shell out and hold it in my left hand so I can eject the empty, pass the shell over to my right hand and get that chambered for a quick follow-up shot. It isn't the handiest, but it can work.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
DoubleUp

Post by DoubleUp »

Silverfox, I've thought about doing that. Actually the Savage will feed the last hollow point cartridge in the mag okay which would effectively give me two shots. Still I'd like to get it to where it feeds all the hp's okay.