Kick off 2010

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Kick off 2010

Post by Clint E »

Today started off with an over cast with light rain showers by noon the rain had stopped so i loaded up and set my last tree stand for deer season. I then thought i need to go hunting the weather just feels right about 52 degrees with a NW wind. Ran back home and grabbed my calln stuff and headed out.
I was going to go to one off my favorate places to call and decide to go set in a pasture over looking the bottoms. After about 2 hours of calling and throwing every thing i had out there with the foxpro and hand calls even my seceret call wasnt working. So i sat there for a bit thinking to myself today just felt right for calln one in so i started calln some more and boom i spott something at the creek crossing off to the left of it.
this is an after shot pic.
I am not real good at judgeing far distances but its about 400yards off or so. I crank the power up on my scope and yup its a coyote. I start trying to bring it in and it isnt paying any attention to me or the calls it just keeps looking around . After waitng for what seemed like forever i deside to take a crack at it. So i get set up oh ya i forgot my shooting stick in the truck anyway i get set and squezze the trigger and its off and running my way. I thought i missed by now this dog is booking it straight between me and some cattle. So i take two more running shots and miss. Finnaley it stops about fourty yards away with a brush pile between us. In decision if it takes off runnig again i swing around the brush pile to my left that way if it runs i dont have to worry about the cows.

This is were i was setting in the cluster of trees brush pile is to the left. As i sneek around the pile the coyote is hunkered down in the weeds looking behind it . So i put round number four in it and sealed the deal. I am sorry the pics arent clear batterys were going dead in the camera.Hope you enjoyed.

Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Re: Kick off 2010

Post by Song Dog »

Yes sir, that is a nice look'n dog. WTG!
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
Clint E

Post by Clint E »

I forgot to mention that i did hit it in the rear leg with one of the first three shots
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

Alright on the coyote! I see you broke out the 22-250 for this one. Those BDL's are still a fine looking gun.
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Clint E

Post by Clint E »

Thanks guys i got so into the stand i forgot to mention that it was a female and i was useing my rem 22-250
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

Nice going Clint (good looking rig too). That pooch won't be bothering the chickens anymore.

Jim
Clint E

Post by Clint E »

Thanks Jim if i was ever told i had to get rid of all my rifles except one that would be the one to stay it is my first and will be my last. Of course if i was told that, they would be prying them off my cold dead hands.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Clint--Great story and photos. This is a nice looking coyote. Did you check the inside of the skin to see if it was primer or not? I'd be guessing it is still pretty blue on the inside of the skin, but that's one coyote that won't be killing any fawns, chickens or game birds anymore.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox