New CZ 452 in .22 LR

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
stevecrea

New CZ 452 in .22 LR

Post by stevecrea »

On Friday I just picked up my new CZ 452 in .22 LR. Early Saturday morning, I cleaned it, mounted a Leupold 3-9X36mm EFR on it with Leupold one piece rings that fit the dovetails on the CZ, and started shooting at a target. Within three rounds, it was hitting the bullseye at about 30 yards, and then I focused my attention on dozens of Townsend ground squirrels that were visible in nearly every direction. In one direction, I could shoot out to about 200 yards, and see my bullets hitting the dirt. Several hapless terrorist squirrels took lead at distances up to 150 yards or so. And, while this distance is really stretching for a .22 LR rimfire, it can be done, and is very challenging, especially without a rangefinder.

This little CZ is a gem. I got a 10 round magazine, along with the 5 rounder that comes with it. The 10 rounder is nice because, if you are stretching the limits of practicality with this little round, you much oftentimes get the range by firing a number of rounds, and watch for the bullet strikes. Make appropriate adjustments, and walk the bullets in. When you make kills at 125 and 150 yards, that is challenging.

This little rifle seems very accurate, and has worked flawlessly. For about $500, it is quite an excellent value.

Now I want a lefthand 527, a lefthand American Safari, and then, I hope CZ makes more lefthand models such as a 550 American, an Ultimate Hunting Rifle, and a 527 Varminter.
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
Lenard
.204 Ruger Guns: 700 Remington

Re: New CZ 452 in .22 LR

Post by Lenard »

I am envious Steve. A good shooting 22 LR is an absolute blast in my opinion. I am hoping to put together 3 good weather days around mid march. Very hard to find in mid march.

The CZ 22's are excellent guns but you need more clips. I have two 25 and two 10 shot clips for my 77 and 10/22 and can't find the time between shots to keep them full. My shooting buddy built platform for an older Blazer that elevates us up about 8' off the ground. It has plexiglass windows that fold down for the shooters. We call it a Pope Moblile. There have been many thousands of 22 and 17 rounds shot from that rig. And when shooting becomes slow, we just drive to another spot 100 yards down the field.

I am ready to go.
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

steve, i love my 22 452 american, with a little can on the end, just wish i NEEDED a mag that held more than 5 rounds. :lol:
lenard, you sound like a lucky guy. We've had several doses of myxy. in the last few years. If someone says they've seen a rabbit, it's just a rumour. :)
' Pay it forward buddy '
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I put a 4x16 power tactical scope on my 22 which allows me to dial in elevation really easy. I see my misses and make adjustment. Once you find your range stay there you can make 200 and over yard shots.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Steve! Pictures man, Pictures! :lol: Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Steve, dude......

Let's get with it! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Steve: While you're getting your weapon ready for photography, I thought I'd give you a shot of her cousin in the field, my CZ 452 Varmint, but in 17HMR. Mine sez "American" on the receiver, same as yours, but as you can see, the Varmint model is not as nice looking, but sure does the deed.

If yours is the American model, and not the Varmint, yours is probably much sweeter looking, as they use a better grade of wood on the American models. Glad to hear she's a nice shooter. Pretty neat to warm up a new barrel on Skippy too! ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Rick, where did you find the pic of the Gunny? I love it!!!! Gary
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Personal friend. He thinks we're all nuts 'cause we clean our rifles way too much. Jarheads. ;)

I'll send you the pic he sent me via PM.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA