Varmints of the Caribbean

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Varmints of the Caribbean

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Well, I'm sure there are some varmints in the Caribbean, but the only ones I saw were not shootable. ;) But while at sea on a recent dive cruise to Honduras, Belieze and Mexico, I spent my time wisely up on deck, keeping up to date on my favorite subject:

With all our favorite rodents still underground, I just HAD to get out of the house! Blowing bubbles in warm water seemed like the way to go. Now getting ready for spring, loading up varmint calibers from 17 Ackley Hornet, 17 Mach IV, 223, 204...... up to the bigger stuff in anticipation of having some fun with Skippy and his pals.

I came back from the tropics to snow........I like the warmer stuff. (One of my sons works for Glock, hence the hat......I'd rather hold a Kimber .45 close...... ;) )
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Re: Varmints of the Caribbean

Post by Mike »

Looks like a rough time, Rick. Glad you were able to endure those burdens and make it back home. Hopefully the locals didn't force too much fresh fish on you while you were visiting.
Daniel Brothers in SC

Post by Daniel Brothers in SC »

all I can do is shake my head...... and chuckle...... you got it going on Rick..... you are the Man.......LOL
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

Hey, I blew a few bubbles in my bath tub the other day. Didn't think about having a Corona though.
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Clint E »

You didnt look to home sick sokeing up that nice warm sun. Way to rub it in on every one :lol:
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

I have to agree with Daniel on this one Rick! You had way too much fun on that trip! See ya soon for our fun with skippy! Gary
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

:wink: Rick, you've gotta enjoy ALL your time eh. Don't you think it's time you stopped blowing bubbles and got INSPIRATION for your diving? :D Cheers,ken.
' Pay it forward buddy '
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Rick..... you are the Man.......LOL...........Yep "Great pic" Glade to see you enjoing your self. Sure hope the Corona's were cold.
Great magazine your reading.
Thanks for sharing!!
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Yep, it was grand. Again, it made me glad to return to the good ole USA again though. All you have to do is spend a week or so in a few third world countries, and it doesn't take long to appreciate what we've got here at home.

My only regret......only to have a speargun close at hand. No varmint rifle handy, no "close friend" (Kimber .45), no pocket rocket of any kind. Gives a guy something to think about when he comes home, that's for sure. We have some serious rights here.

The Corona WAS cold, the seas were calm, nice and sunny, fish were cooperative, wifey had a grand time too. I had to get home to send her back to work so I could get all my rifle loads dialed for this rat season! :lol:

During the week while you were all working, I was also hard at work spearing varmint fish and "beverage testing" for all of your safety:

That Red Stripe Jamacian beer hits the spot when it's over 90*!......... ;) Okay, no more taunting.....I'm ready to go out and create some red mist! Don't hate me.....somebody has to do this stuff! ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Rick, there seems to be a theme going on in the pictures. Sunglasses and beer! I am trying to get a bobcat today and the fog rolls in and I get wet. You get a tan while "beverage testing"! :stick: Hope we all have fun making skippy go airborne. Keep us posted on skippy out for test runs.
Please, no Sidewinder today!