My first double

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

My first double

Post by Clint E »

I got my first double this afternoon.Bad news was the second one got across the creek on me.Water was to high to try and cross and it was snowing so hard that i couldnt get a good pic of it .
Any how got to where i was going to set up and didnt think it was going to be good for callen due to it snowing. Almost stayed home and watched the daytona 500. But couldnt resist the thought of not going huntin
I was setting at the trees that make a v shape. I was determind that i was going to call one in there.
After howling a couple of times on the call that LeMarr game calls made for me this female showed up about 100 yards out.
Bang Flop Dead
Short howl again here comes the second one about 200 yards out dailed up the scope and let it ripp.Did a one eighty and took off across the creek.I was kinda upset due to the fact it was my first double and i couldnt get to it for a pic.
I was shooting my savage 12fv that i had for about a year it finaly drew its first blood.

Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Re: My first double

Post by Song Dog »

Shoot, don't know what to congradulate you more on, the double or getting the gun its 1st blood.
WTG on both accounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
We saw 3 coyotes high tail it through our back yard and by the time I got the rifle, they were way out across the road headed west. If it wasn't snow'n and blow'n, guess where I would be.

In Christ,

Song Dog
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
ultralightshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger m77 markII ultralight

Post by ultralightshooter »

Congrats getting your first double and first blood with the gun.What bullets were you shooting?
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

Congratulation on your double and being first blood with your gun. That's one grand way to initiate it. Sure gives you confidence in your gun, doesn't it?

Just goes to show that the coyotes will come in bad weather too. Too bad we have to go to work with this snow on instead of hunting!
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Clint E

Post by Clint E »

I was shooting 55grn seirra bk in 22 250
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Nice rig!! And I like red snow too!! :wink: Congratulations!!
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Good Job! Nice. Is that a 6x18x50AO Bushnell banner scope on that rifle? Let me tell you a bout a rifle sling that you might like. The Claw by Quake is a great sling for a heavy rifle that can be had for under $20 dollars. It stays on your shoulder where you put it. Makes it easer to do your set ups when you are carring your gear to a stand.
Clint E

Post by Clint E »

Ryan your right on the scope.It does the job for now it will eventualy get an upgrade of a leupold witch is what all my other rifles have on them. The claw is an nice sling just dont care that they have plastic swivel atachments would prefer metal ones but im going to try one and see how i like them
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

When I got my 1st Claw I thought the same thing about the attachments, but after having it, I now have 2 of them. It makes it SO much easier.

In Christ,

Song Dog
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I just bought two more claw slings for my self and bought claw slings for every one in the family. The swivels can be traded out. I also have 4 of the Busnell banner scopes and have yet to have one fail. I have made some great shots with them.