From the "deck" crow

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

From the "deck" crow

Post by Melvin Eades »

This morning was a frosty 22 degrees and calm. A good morning to go coyote hunting I thought. We still have some snow on the ground that has melted, refroze, melted and refroze several times. Walking out to hunt this morning was like walking on bubble wrap. I heard a vehicle driving on a road over half a mile away crunching along and it sounded like it was only a few hundred yards away. Well....to make a short story longer, I didn't call anything in so I headed back in around 9:30.

I got home and had some breakfast and then needed to get to the post office before it closed so out the door I go and there are two crow just beyond the 200 yard backstop working on whats left of the deer from last fall. I stepped back in the house and grabbed my CZ 527 Varmint in .204 loaded with Sierra 39 gr. B.K.'s and then eased out onto the deck table for a shot. One of the crow flew off when it saw me but the other one stayed a little too long. I cranked the scope up, cross haired the crow and sqeezed the trigger. I watched the crow do a back flip through the scope.

Here's where I took the shot from.

The crow was 19 yards behind the 200 yard backstop and to the right of it right over the top of the gun barrel.

Here's a view from the crow back to the house.

Got a little "puff" reaction from the hit. Here are some feathers that were about 5-6 feet behind the crow.

Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: From the "deck" crow

Post by Clint E »

Yup it looks like you got it dialed in .Was that your desert for breakfast
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Nice Melven! I like your targets out there in the field. When I go for my squirrel shoots I stick targets out in the field like that so I can swing over and hit one once in a while to make sure nothing has changed. I know it is nice to be able to shoot off the back deck. I haven't been able to do that since I was a kid.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Nice snipeing from the "deck" Melvin. Snipeing from the deck is a true "treat" in itself.
Savage Vaporizer
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I like 204'ed crows!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen