$20/coyote bounty in Saskatchewan?

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

$20/coyote bounty in Saskatchewan?

Post by BabaOriley »

A friend has a 53' drop deck trailer, and has been getting a regular load up into Saskatchewan, Canada. He and I have discussed loading my Jeep on his trailer if he has room and making a 3 day weekend hunting coyotes up there. Well I dug around some on the net and could not find regulations on firearms or non-resident hunting license for coyotes, so I called Saskatchewan Fish and Game. The nice lady explained there is a "Coyote Control Program" running right now, but it's only available to residents. I asked, "So which license would I need, and how much is it?" She says non residents can't hunt coyote there. !? I didn't get upset or anything but did tell here I was surprised. She wanted to transfer me to someone else who knew more about it, so I left a message for them to call me back. Heck, a bear tag is only $125 for non residents, and you can shoot any wolves you see for free!

This is the other thing I found when digging for info:
http://www.agriculture.gov.sk.ca/Defaul ... ab3d5f353f

Now I know where Gube gets all the money for that lake mansion and all the nice rifles! :lol:

I think somebody better tell Obama about this program they have up there. I'd hunt much harder if there were "stimulus" money paying for it! I'll let you guys know if anyone calls me back about if non residents can hunt coyote there or not. I just figured it'd be cool to try somewhere where there's more of them. If I could hunt there, I wonder if someone would give me a place to stay and let me pay with coyotes? They even let you keep the skins. They just want all 4 paws.
FireBallGuy
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model 700 VSF 204 Ruger

Re: $20/coyote bounty in Saskatchewan?

Post by FireBallGuy »

Being I live right next door to saskatchewan, YES there is a bounty out on yotes' in that province and YES it is only available to residents of the province. Several areas in manitoba as well have a bounty on them, not exactly sure where though. I ma sure the same rules would apply in my backyard as well. My 2 cents worth.
Remington Model 700 SPS 17 Remington Fireball Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40SF, Remington Model 700 VSF 204 Ruger Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40AO, Savage Model 12 FVSS .22-250 Remington Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40AO
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

BabaOriley wrote:A friend has a 53' drop deck trailer, and has been getting a regular load up into Saskatchewan, Canada. He and I have discussed loading my Jeep on his trailer if he has room and making a 3 day weekend hunting coyotes up there. Well I dug around some on the net and could not find regulations on firearms or non-resident hunting license for coyotes, so I called Saskatchewan Fish and Game. The nice lady explained there is a "Coyote Control Program" running right now, but it's only available to residents. I asked, "So which license would I need, and how much is it?" She says non residents can't hunt coyote there. !? I didn't get upset or anything but did tell here I was surprised. She wanted to transfer me to someone else who knew more about it, so I left a message for them to call me back. Heck, a bear tag is only $125 for non residents, and you can shoot any wolves you see for free!

This is the other thing I found when digging for info:
http://www.agriculture.gov.sk.ca/Defaul ... ab3d5f353f

Now I know where Gube gets all the money for that lake mansion and all the nice rifles! :lol:

I think somebody better tell Obama about this program they have up there. I'd hunt much harder if there were "stimulus" money paying for it! I'll let you guys know if anyone calls me back about if non residents can hunt coyote there or not. I just figured it'd be cool to try somewhere where there's more of them. If I could hunt there, I wonder if someone would give me a place to stay and let me pay with coyotes? They even let you keep the skins. They just want all 4 paws.
Actually, I'm just a neighbor to those Saskatchewan dogs, as I reside in "Sunny Alberta". It sure would be nice to have a bounty on yotes out here, and lord knows the topic has come up numerous times in talks with the govt. :wall: I hear the yotes in Sask are pretty cagey now as everybody and their dog is out chasing them down and trying to get those 4 paws for the $20.00 bounty. :twisted:
Savage Vaporizer
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

Hey Gube, send a few paws across the border. Or do their paws look different than Alberta paws?Ken. :eek:
' Pay it forward buddy '