Cut off Coyote

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Cut off Coyote

Post by Song Dog »

I have been pretty much tied up since the 8th of January with cartilage locking up my knee for a 1 1/2 weeks, which put me way behind in work. But now I got the cartilage poped out and I can somewhat get around pretty good. But not really get out an call, like I should. Now, the rest of the story.........Page 2
Chaunda takes Rhett down the drive to catch the bus. So, I had a later apt than usual in the morning and as she made her way back, I tell Grace, there is a coyote way out in the field to the west. But not much I can do where I am at and had to get ready to go. But I thought if I can howl at this one, it mught come a little south and hit the field road and make it south of the house for a 300 yard shot. Instead the coyote started heading north and I tell Grace, oops I should have known the coyote would hit the drainage ditch. The coyote was working the wind and I thought if I go ahead and get ready to go, I might be able to cut him off where the drainage ditch goes under the road.
I thought I would grab Rhetts lil' H&R 223 that he shot his 1st coyote at age 7. Its nice and short so it could ride along with me all day and not get beat around. I hit the road and went to the crossing, pulled into the road where the farmer has a couple bins and there he was faceing the truck at 60 yards. I thought, it gonna run. He didn't, just trotted a few steps away from me and turned adn faced me one more time. I put the truck in park, got the gun out, opened the door, slid out, and loaded the round. I slowly easy out the door and laid the gun against the door. The coyote then decided he didn't like being there and started off. I then barked and he turned broadside and I let Rhetts lil H&R 223 sing. Coyote went DRT.
I load the coyote and ran it by the house and went off to work. What a way to start the day
I then get home and Grace reminded me that I need to get pics. So, I got some pics with her and the H&R Image

In Christ,

Song Dog
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Re: Cut off Coyote

Post by BabaOriley »

Nice clean, healthy looking coyote. Good job!
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

Thanks.
Here is a pic from my phone, looking back from coyote towards the truck.

In Christ,

Song Dog
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Alright good job. Even cripled up a little you managed a kill. Little grace looks like she was enjoying he self with her brothers rifle. Good job.
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Clint E »

Yup thats the way you have to huntem sometimes. nice dog.
looks like that gun fits grace rather well time to get rhett another new one and pass that one down
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

That's a very pretty coated coyote and a very pretty little girl! Congratulations on both.
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.