Odd entry wound

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
surfclod
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Odd entry wound

Post by surfclod »

Was out to my folks place for a couple weeks recently, had 900 rounds of .204 and 2500 rounds of .22LR but between rain, brothers graduation, and getting my transmission rebuilt I only shot 200 rounds of centerfire and maybe the same with the .22 :(

On the last day I got about 50 rounds off before the rain came and had the .22 out for some close range shots.

Because this one was so close (20 yards) I run over to see the result and was surprised to see the entry wound as it appears here...

Exit was pretty normal.

I am assuming that the hydraulic pressure caused the entry would to protrude like it does I just found it to be quite different from the normal entry wound. The Federal Champion Value pack rounds I was using obviously don't expand very well but they are accurate in my gun and I purchased a case of 5,500 last year so I use them.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: Odd entry wound

Post by Silverfox »

That entry wound appears to be just the opposite of what you'd think it would look like. Strange forces must have been working on that shot!!! :eek:

[Edited for grammar.]
Last edited by Silverfox on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: Odd entry wound

Post by Ryan S Albright »

You did a good thing by purchasing that ammo when you did. I use that ammo also and found it to be a great value and very accurate. Lucky I had so much left over from last year as you can not hardly find a box of 22lr ammo any where yet in the states. You have a gold mine lead right now.