Bagged another Bob Cat.

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Bagged another Bob Cat.

Post by Ryan S Albright »

The weather down here in So Cal has been almost to nice for winter my sinuses have been killing me. I had got a chance to go out scouting saturday and sunday and had located an area where a bob cat and a coyote both were working along with a racoon. So I took a nap and went out sunday night at midnight. After about five minutes of calling my hand was getting cold from holding the light so I put a glove on. Then deciced to look for a water bottle on the floor board when I turned around I had a bob cat setting about 80yrds out looking right at me. As I sat the light down the sand bag fell of the window so I went free hand on the shot. I saw the cat flip around as I shot. I went to jack another round in the rifle and it jammed. I lost sight of the cat and had to go out and scour the brush after about 20 minutes of looking and following the trails I crossed over the road and looked in the brush I could here a coughing noise. After ten more minutes of poking around I found the cat. It was still alive I had shot low taking a front leg off and gutting the cat. I felt bad about the bad shot but it happens.ImageThis is about the most sanitary picture I can post. It was a nice night out. I had used a John Stewart cotton tail tape in a walkman played real light and nothing else. It pays to do your home work and scout an area out to locate your prey.
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Re: Bagged another Bob Cat.

Post by Song Dog »

NICCCCEE!

In Christ,

Song Dog
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
steve
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 204 lvsf

Post by steve »

Another cat good job! I second the sinuse problems maybe if temps yould go below 70 and start raining they would get better.
Rich V
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ Varmint

Post by Rich V »

Nice going, wished we had bob cats here. Fluffy gone wild is the closest thing we have.
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

Man, still looking for my first cat. Called in 3 in a week over here and everybody else that I was hunting with shot them all :wall: Good job though.
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

You will most likely have to go on your own. I have one tag left my self. Do you hunt the pine forest or the desert for your cats? When I lived in your area I had no Idea there where bobcats around until I picked up a hitch hiker who told me he had been night hunting for bobcats using dogs. After questioning him he told me that there where lots of them around. I had no idea that you could hunt at night at that time. Have you tried night hunting for them I checked the regulations and know it is legal there.
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

Yeah, the only problem is that I can't drive yet :lol: We usually hunt draws with some trees and a rimrock. I've also hunted over along side of the desert that has rimrocks going around it. Called in one there and my cousin shot it. I know there are cats in there just haven't called any in yet. Went up in the forest with a guy that runs dogs but we didn't cut a single track. Yeah it's legal, but we tried it one night and it didn't turn out good, haven't tried it since. I heard that you can drive down a rim calling and then turn around and come back with a light and they will poke their heads over or out of the rimrock and you can see their eyes. Do you do that or do you call in one spot?
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up