My office.

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

My office.

Post by BabaOriley »

Usually not my choice of where to be on a saturday afternoon, but it was worth taking a few pics yesterday. I was there working on some wireless Internet radios on a 130' grain leg. Looking out over this territory, I imagine all the varmints that never think to look up, and wish I had my rifle. Would be fun sometime to sit and wait for something to come by, or run a remote caller, except for the -5 windchill. In summer all you see from this grain leg is corn and beans.
Click to view/download larger image.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: My office.

Post by Silverfox »

That's an awesome view from up there. I wonder if you'd have any luck getting a predator to come in close to all the buildings and equipment???
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

Silverfox wrote:That's an awesome view from up there. I wonder if you'd have any luck getting a predator to come in close to all the buildings and equipment???
All the farmers talk about how coyotes walk right up to their equipment in summer. One thought maybe the mice and rabbits get rustled up when they're working in the field and the coyotes have come to look for a meal. Sounds like taking a tractor hunting, sitting on the hood while it idles would be a great idea. They aren't scared of them, although even slowing down in a pickup truck causes them to disappear in a flash. I've had 2 farmers call me this year now and tell me they have a coyote straing them down 100 yards out. I can never get out there in time, but I guess they don't mind people if they get used to you. (Til you start shooting at them.)
xr10065669
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Mark II .204

Post by xr10065669 »

Yes, we own a farm in central Missouri and hunting out of a tractor would be awesome. While mowing hay the coyotes are looking for mice, rabbits, or anything that we hit with the mowers. I have been 100 yards or closer to them while working.. and of course this is the time you do not have a gun!!!