Back from the Taxidermist

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Back from the Taxidermist

Post by Melvin Eades »

I picked up my coyote from the taxidermist last week that I had shot back in January.

http://www.rugerhunting.com/forum/viewt ... 465097748d

It weighed 42.5 lbs. and they used the biggest form available but it wasn't quite big enough.
The tail looks short but it's because it was white tipped and doesn't show up against the shed.

Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
dancindave89
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Re: Back from the Taxidermist

Post by dancindave89 »

He's got that "Oh Crap" look on his face. Like he see's his life flashing through his mind. LOL. Know where you gonna put him at. Next time I come out, you don't want me to wake up on your sofa/bed and put the crosshairs on him in the middle of the night. Hee, Hee!!
Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Varmint Hunters Assoc.
NWTF
Varmint Hunter Extraordinare
Dancindave Zwiener
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

Thanks Melvin. That will make a great prize for the next Postal Shoot.
WYLDRUCKUS
.204 Ruger Guns: REMINGTON VTR

Post by WYLDRUCKUS »

Hey melvin if you don't mind me asking, :chin: how much did that mount cost? I had one done about a year and a half ago and it cost me $500. They did a great job on it and I love the mount but we moved and I have absolutely no room for it :( so I am now trying to sell it for $450. My brother has been yote sitting for me til I can find a buyer. I don't think I am asking too much but I guess there is not a big demand for mounted yotes. lol If you don't want to tell me thats fine I was just curious. Thanks Image
HUNT HARD. SHOOT STRAIGHT. KILL CLEAN, AND APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE!
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Melvin, that dog has nice coloring. And I agree that the look on it's face is "darn, what was that sound?" Gary
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

WYLDRUCKUS,

It cost $600.00 with the base. It didn't come out like I was hoping it would though. I like the pose on yours and the wood gives it more of a natural setting. Mine is living in my living room but my wife thinks it ought to live in my shop. Something about not wanting to remove furniture or family pictures?!, I dunno!
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.