Best Day Ever

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Dogbone
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Cente Encore

Best Day Ever

Post by Dogbone »

Tuesday was my last opportunity to hunt since the NJ season ended yesterday. Hunted the golf course for three hours. All three nines were closed till 10 and one nine was closed all day for maintenance. The whole course is isolated and each nine is mostly islolated from each other. So the hunting is safe as long as I'm careful. Anyway, decided to take the Marlin 60 semi-auto in 22 long rifle because it's quieter than the 204 or 22-250. All ten kills were head shots between 40 and 60 yards. Six that ran off were beyond that distance and even though I hit em, they're so tough they didn't go down. Anyone ever see a black one before? Wish I had kept it!!! :cry:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Re: Best Day Ever

Post by BabaOriley »

The only thing we have here that populations are that highly concentrated are mosquitos. Maybe deer, but we can't bag 10 of them in a day.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

:eek: When I saw golf course I thought of Caddy Shack and shooting "golfers" :lol: Looks like great fun! Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Dogbone: Yep, that day will go down in your hunting journal as one of the best ever. We all love days like that, glad you got yours this week. I've seen pics of albino and black hogs before, but out here we've got rock chucks, and have never seen a black or white mutant...yet.

Our golf courses here are infested with 15 - 20 lb. rock chucks, but the liberal whiners won't let ANY guns on the courses to thin them out, neither pneumatic rifles or supressed 22's. Bummer.

The day like yours I remember was back in the early 80's for me; I was fireforming 22 K-Hornet brass in my Anchutz, and wacked 22 rockchucks off a single rock pile at 170 yards while fireforming.....a good day to be sure.

Great day, thanks for sharing the fun.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

WYLDRUCKUS
.204 Ruger Guns: REMINGTON VTR

Post by WYLDRUCKUS »

Nice shootin there dogbone. I take all my hogs now with a savage 17 hmr. I gave up my 22 once I got the hmr. I had a few get away from me with the 22 I used to use but not with the hmr! I have seen a couple black ones but have not shot any myself. We have been seeing a few really light colored ones almost like a light grayish beige. Again you said it right BEST DAY EVER! congrats :wtg:
HUNT HARD. SHOOT STRAIGHT. KILL CLEAN, AND APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE!
Dogbone
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Cente Encore

Post by Dogbone »

Thanks guys! :D
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.