PD locations

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
dbullock

PD locations

Post by dbullock »

I went to the Rosebud twice last year but I was looking to find a place to get some good shooting a little further south. I live in Mississippi and do not want to make that long drive at this time. Any suggestions?
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

I've never been there, but I have a friend who shhots pd's north of Amarillo, Texas. Contact state fish and game departments in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, and Colorado maybe someone will give you a few tips. Good luck.
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

Post by Va varminter »

How easy is it to just drive out and get permission to shoot pd's without useing a guide of some sort for us folks back east.
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

In Montana Wyoming, and the Dakotas you can find good populations of pd's on public land. Many ranchers like to have responsible shooters take out some dogs, if they don't allow shooting most of them will tell you about neighbors who will. Mostly a matter of common sense. Don't show up at inconvenient times with an army of guys and loaded guns. Listen to their rules, follow those rules, and leave their land as good or better than you found it. End result--you've done each other a favor. I usually get on most ranches, if not I almost always get a good tip about a place to shoot.