Pawnee Grassland PDog hunt 11/21/14

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
PDog Rex
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS

Pawnee Grassland PDog hunt 11/21/14

Post by PDog Rex »

So I had the option of going into work "overtime" or to enjoy a nice day of shooting PDogs, I decided on the latter and had a great day.
Weather was perfect (unusual for this time of year) 53 degrees, sunny and wind less than 10 mph! :D
Arrived a little after 11am, and was greeted with another truck in the same area driving around, wasn't real sure what they were doing
since they were just driving around, thought at first that they may be looking for cattle, roundup time, then thought antelope hunters looking
for a downed antelope. So I drove around trying to figure out what they were doing, checking them out in the binoculars, they eventually
disappeared over a ridge and didn't see them for some time. I decided to "gear up" and go shoot PDogs! About the time I was heading away from the truck
here they come again and right towards my truck and me. I waved them over to see what they were doing and it ended up that they also wanted to shoot
at some PDogs. We agreed on areas they could shoot in and areas that I would shoot in. They were shooting .22's, I didn't have the gall to tell them I would
be shooting at 150 yards and beyond. They stayed around for about 30 minutes then left for another area to my SouthEast then left after another 30 minute period. I have only encountered one other group in the same area and I left it to them.
On this day I was trying out some new loads Hornady Zombie Max 32 grain bullets, I have shot the VMax up until this time, I could not tell any difference in performance and the carnage was the same. Bogpod, seat cushion, range finder, rifle and ammo out tearing up the PDogs. Shots from around 185 out to 344 yards. Moved several times and it was well worth moving as the PDogs didn't really scurry off to hide, rather they became targets! :D
As mentioned before I usually go out with 100 rounds, I moved and had 12 rounds left, definitely surprised this last group as I finished off 12 for 12! :lol:
Time for pictures of the rewards for the day.
http://s44.photobucket.com/user/PDogRex/library/PDogs5
Rex
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Re: Pawnee Grassland PDog hunt 11/21/14

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Sounds like a nice outing for sure. Always nice to help the farmers out by thinning out the munchers! :camper:
I believe the only difference between the two bullets is the color of the dye.
Please, no Sidewinder today!