New Cooper

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
hemiallen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 204r, 20vt one Sako-one Cooper, 17FB 17HH, 17JAVALENA

Re: New Cooper

Post by hemiallen »

Nice Cooper pickup off GB

I am currently soaking my Cooper 17 Remington in UBC to reduce fowling.

Mine took a ride back to the factory as it wasn't shooting as well as I expected, and I have other guns I have shot bugholes with , even on the same range ( private) session. They informed me with a very extensive removal of copper ( thought I got it all out after several days of cleanings) and recutting the crown and replacing a defective bolt stop. They shot 2 groups with it using HSM 20 vmax ammo and got both sub 0.1". I put my scope back on, bought some ammo ( probably different lot) and shot a decent group but not on par with the test target. I will try a couple of reloads and another range day to see if I can improve on that, if not maybe change scopes as the Cooper one is from a friend who didn't get spectacular groups so it is suspect.

I even got a Borescope to see if any of my other guns have copper issues, more to learn what cleaning tecnique is best, and to learn a little about bore condition vs accuracy, which I read isn't hand in hand.

I have 500 brass for the Cooper to prep for this gun, hoping the current owner gets bugholes with it for skippy's sake..LOL

Allen