New Member, New Post

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
PDog Rex
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS

New Member, New Post

Post by PDog Rex »

Joined recently after browsing this website often for information for my .204.
I bought a Remington 700 SPS back in March of this year, it is fitted with a Leupold VX3 6.5-20x50mm scope
with the "varmint hunters" reticle, really like that reticle. I shoot Hornady 32 grain VMax and have loaded about 1300
rounds so far this summer.
So many members on this site like to do the same thing I do, shoot Prairie Dogs!
I started off shooting PDogs as a teen, many years ago, with a Marlin Model 100G, single shot, open sights. I used to
buy the cheapest .22 LR rounds I could about .55 cents a box of 50. When they ran out of the cheapest I moved up to "hollow points"
about a quarter increase in price and a tremendous amount of " confirmed kills" with them. I would go hunting with 100 rounds, pair of binoculars,
for hours.
Decided earlier this year that I wanted to get back into PDog hunting and started researching some GOOD varmint rifles and scopes.
Settled with the above choice. I live in Northern Colorado and hunt mainly in the Pawnee National Grasslands, although several weekends ago
went down to a buddies ranch near Calhan, CO. and myself and another friend blasted about 200 of them in 8 hours of shooting.
We fired a combined total of 487 rounds, I was shooting my .204, my buddy shooting a .223 and 22-250, we both had a blast and a
"dog-gone" good day, there was lots of Ohs and Ahs, with laughter. We had 8 hawks feeding on the ground at one time, and we were firing
all around them and it did not bother them one bit.

This is my first post so I hope that the photos appear correctly.
I will post more photos when I know these are OK or don't appear.
PDog Rex
[img][IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/P ... 585105.jpg[/img][/img]
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: New Member, New Post

Post by Bill K »

Welcome Rex. You most likely started as many of us did also, old .22 RF and shorts ( in my case) :eek: Enjoyed your intro and the two photo's came across just right. :) Looking forward to more harvest photo's. Thank You and again Welcome. Bill K :)
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

PDog Rex--Welcome to 204 Ruger.com. You are hooked on pottin' prairie poodles just like many of the rest of us who visit here. Keep the stories and photos coming. Thanks for posting your tale.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Welcome PDog Rex. I so enjoy the 204 in the prairie dog field! You might want to try the 39gr Blitzking, especially for the longer and windy shots. I save my 32 grain Blitzkings for the 20 VarTarg. I like your pictures and red mist shots are enjoyed here. Great bunch of gun nuts here, pull up a chair and join in!
Please, no Sidewinder today!