Sage rats!

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Re: Sage rats!

Post by Jim White »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Okay Jim....the cat's out of the bag. We want ALL the details! :D
O'hhh I picked me up a Remington 700 SPS in 17 Fireball amd a HS Precision stock from a Remington 700 VSSF II. I have a Shilen "select-match" barrel coming. It will have a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 with the Varmint Hunters Reticle. The trigger feels decent at this point so no plans to swap that out at this time.

Jim
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Jim - Sounds like a sweet combination......and other than the brand of scope, it sounds like that rifle will look remarkably similar to my SPOD (Silver Princess of Death). Great minds DO think alike, eh? :lol:

You were also ahead of the curve when you decided to build your VT on a Fireball action....you'll extract and eject those little VT cases with no worries. I'm on the lookout for another Sako Vixen L461 to build another one myself for a walkabout rifle.

Lookin' forward to seeing pics of your new girl when she's ready for the prom (and Skippy!). :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Jim - Sounds like a sweet combination......and other than the brand of scope, it sounds like that rifle will look remarkably similar to my SPOD (Silver Princess of Death). Great minds DO think alike, eh? :lol:

You were also ahead of the curve when you decided to build your VT on a Fireball action....you'll extract and eject those little VT cases with no worries. I'm on the lookout for another Sako Vixen L461 to build another one myself for a walkabout rifle.

Lookin' forward to seeing pics of your new girl when she's ready for the prom (and Skippy!). :D
Rick...actually, they will look quite similar except my action is black (maybe it's blue but it sure doesn't look like it). But I suppose I could get one of those gun finish coatings out there these days and give it the stainless look. The barrel was ordered back in April so I sure hope it gets here soon.

I have a spare 17 Fireball bolt for another one which why I was following a thread last week in respect to functioning from a STD SA receiver. Of course, a single shot works too.

Jim
bdweis73
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 SPS, Savage 12 FV-S

Post by bdweis73 »

It is such a bad habit to pick up, you start out small with Ruger 10/22 spend money on it to be more accurate, then those companies come out with something new you have to buy "17 HMR" then you come to distance limit on what it will do, And the rats way out there just laugh at you. So you buy your first .204 and it just goes down hill from there. I had been eyeing a used Savage VLP-S in 22-250, I didnt really want a 22-250, I just wanted it for that single shot action, oh the rebarrel possibilties.
My finger is itchin just thinking of an early spring,
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

Me too but I need to get the reloading bench cranking out rounds. Have already begun stockpiling 17HMR. Glad my parents live in Oregon for the $9/box sales. Every time one comes up I tell my dad to try and get 500!
K = ½mv2