Prarie Dog Hunting

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
roooster_11
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 .204

Prarie Dog Hunting

Post by roooster_11 »

Could someone direct me to a place where I could do some prarie dog hunting. I'm from southern Louisiana, so we don't have them here. I'm looking for an outfitter for a paid hunt for a couple of days in the spring, summer, or fall. Can anyone help me out. Not sure where to begin looking. I do ALOT of hunting and fishing down here and I would be interested in maybe a swap...prarie dog hunting for me, and redfishing and boat touring the Atchafalya Basin(as seen on "Swamp People") for you. haha!
Anyone interested?
"If courage is a word that knows not fear, then I have never met a couragous man; a brave man is one that puts his fears aside, and does his job" Unknown
Reinbeck11
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 Ruger Rem VLSS Thumbhole

Re: Prarie Dog Hunting

Post by Reinbeck11 »

Since your making in the big trip I'd research western South Dakota. Besides excellent population of PD's everyone should check out the Badland's, Rushmore, and Crazy Horse. Plenty of hunting opportunities all over that area, can hit the sites pretty easy. There are tons of outfitters/lodge/guides that offer thousands of acres to hunt.

Depending on your interest Sturgis is in Sept. so if you like the Hogs it's a good time to visit. Of course if you want to avoid the crowd and thousands of bikes avoid this time of the year.

The other option I'd look at is Colorado, totally different area than what your used to and that would be interesting beyond the hunt. I don't know the area as far as hunting, but the landscape is fantastic.
"Don't get between a man and his pork." Casey K. (my 9 yr old son)
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

Closest loaction to you is the Texas Panhandle.I have only shot in Western Kansas,and Eastern Colorado Hwy 50 at Holly.Try this

http://www.ultimateprairiedoghunting.co ... directory/
roooster_11
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 .204

Post by roooster_11 »

Thanks for the info guys. I would love to go to SD, but I think I'll stick with Texas since I can drive there. Never knew they had PD's in Texas.
"If courage is a word that knows not fear, then I have never met a couragous man; a brave man is one that puts his fears aside, and does his job" Unknown
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Prairie Dogs in Texas........Wonder if they are BIGGER?

Y'all ain't seen a prairie doggie 'till ya seen one from Texas. Why, just one of them critters'l feed a family of four!

No offense, I think Texas and Texans are pretty cool. Just amusing myself here!
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Post by Vartarg »

PM sent....
PEACE-Through Superior Firepower