Cooper 20VT Meets Skippy

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Re: Cooper 20VT Meets Skippy

Post by Verminator2 »

Dave, we got a lot more water since then! People are actually getting evacuated now and the city and volunteers are sandbagging around houses and such :eek: I think somebody said that it was the only place in Oregon to receive aide for drought and flooding at the same time :lol:
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
NESHOOTER
.204 Ruger Guns: SAVAGE 12 VLP/DBM 26'' LAM-STK/FLTD SS BLL/

Post by NESHOOTER »

Darn thats just too bad, I do hope it improves with all over there.
Semper Fi
Dave Allen
.204 Ruger Guns: Weatherby Van-Guard

Post by Dave Allen »

Verminator2 wrote:Dave, we got a lot more water since then! People are actually getting evacuated now and the city and volunteers are sandbagging around houses and such :eek: I think somebody said that it was the only place in Oregon to receive aide for drought and flooding at the same time :lol:
WOW ! Only in S/E Oregon..Lol..It's been awhile, yet I can remember driving thru 6" of water over the hwy between Buchanan and Burns..I'm sorry to hear of the problems..

Me and my buddy almost pulled the plug friday night and headed to Christmas Valley, glad we decided to wait until another day, like late April..Lol..BTW..Not for Skippy

Sorry Rick, I've derailed you're thread :wink:
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

No worries Dave. I just got back from four days of rat wackin', and did see some flooding in a small local area, otherwise the rats are out in full force. None of the ranches I saw were flooded, only some isolated low lying areas, so the rat population has not been affected at all from what we saw.

This last trip had one day of blowing snow and frigid temps, but the other days were all bright, sunny and alive with Skippy and his pals romping about. I really gave my Cooper 20VT a 300 round workout, and despite wind in the range of 10 - 25 mph, was able to launch a rat just shy of 420 yards with a 32gr Nosler BT over RL-7 at 3,680 fps. I'll make up a new post as soon as the pile of brass gets a bit smaller to process for the next trip coming up soon. This is the kind of being "busy" I don't mind. :wink:

Rat season is HERE! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

bullfrog wrote:Shootin from a fire truck. Isn't that a combination of every little boys dream? Being a firefighter and snipin stuff too :D
bullfrog: Funny you should say that, I thought the exact same thing when we were doing it! I'm not sure what the allure of a firetruck really is, but every boy I've ever known (including this one) has thought they were purty cool stuff. Add in accurate rifles and a boatload of varmints, what more could you ask for.........for 'older boys'? :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails