Cooper 20VT Meets Skippy

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Cooper 20VT Meets Skippy

Post by Rick in Oregon »

ryutzy wrote:Thanks for the additional pics RIO!! Feels like were right there with ya. You should start a rat guiding service. LOL I'd come! I love all the pics of the Coopers--you should stop though because you're making me think about ordering a 204 in a Cooper as well... If one 204 is good I guess another would be better huh?
ryutzy: Glad you liked the rat foray. If you're serious about coming out for this, we have a friend here who offers guided, furnished equipment (benches) on a rat-infested ranch here. His fees are reasonable, and being familiar with his ground squirrel concession, I'd about guarantee a very, very good time. Here's a link to Tim's outfit (bring LOTS of ammo):

http://www.no-off-season.com/hunt1.php

As for another 204.....why stop at one? Especially when a Cooper is in the offing? :wink: I'm up to four of 'em now plus my 20 Vartarg....... there's no end to this madness! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

RIO--My wife would probably even approve as we have friends in Oregon and she could hang out there. LOL However I cant this year as our first addition to our family is set to arrive around May 11th. So hopefully if I train my child correctly I'll have a lil huntn partner! :D :D Thanks for the info though!
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

ryutzy: Well then, congratulations on the arrival of your firstborn. If it turns out to be a "he", his/her birthday will occur smack dab in the middle of the best part of the (varmint) year, so future BD's might just happen "in the field" for you both. On or about that date, we'll be deployed on a rodent eradication mission ourselves, so will just wish you and wifey the very best for now.

On your friends in Oregon.....pretty neat when you can visit friends and take rifles along too..... ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

GlennGTR1
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 all weather ultralight

Post by GlennGTR1 »

I will be down in June to do some flyfishing, I sure miss living in eastern Oregon. I may be back to stay some day but probably not Madras again......Sisters more than likely. Very nice rifle, and seems to give you predictable results.
ryutzy

Post by ryutzy »

RIO- What part of Oregon is the best for terrorizing skippy? or maybe its all good..... Our friends are from the NW part of Oregon, I'm assuming your further SW?

Edit: Sorry just now saw your in central Oregon.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

ryutzy: Yep, right in the middle of Oregon....plenty of room in all directions to roam about. ;)

Any plans to have your way with Skippy in Oregon would have to take part east of the Cascade Mtns., as that's where he lives, mostly in irrigated alfalfa fields. There are Grey Diggers over on the wet/west side of the mountains, but in limited numbers, nothing like the hordes of colony rodents found on this side of the hill.

If you come again, bring plenty of ammo....... :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

ryutzy

Post by ryutzy »

RIO--thanks for the heads up---good to know where they're at. I'll have to be heavily armed for the war in the fields when my day comes! lol
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

ryutzy: When that day comes....brings LOTS of ammo! You saw the pile of 20VT brass above...that was from one day's shooting! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Way to go Rick. Been busy with work (and some ice fishing) so its been a while since my last visit over here. Our g-squirrels have just started showing up within this past week and look very enticing running over top of the snow. Most of our fields are still covered in snow. Hopefully if everything goes according to plan, a few members of the A.R.F.S will be out tomorrow to "paint" the snow RED :twisted: . Hoping to catch some of the action on video and still frame. Its been a long winter and I can hardly wait!!
Savage Vaporizer
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Gube: Looking forward to some more visual fun from "The Master" himself. :wink: Hope Skippy cooperates and you have a grand time. We've missed seeing 'your work'. :D

This unlucky squirrel below was hit the first day during the snow event by a 22LR WW Power Point dead center hit from about 40 yards while standing, and he just fell over back into his hole, feet to the sky, leaving his 'snow painting' efforts for all to see:

The crew and I are headed out shortly for another go at Skippy and his pals. This trip will be an all-Cooper event for me....204 Ruger, 20 Vartarg, and "Rosa", my pet 223. Spring is finally here......like you said "it's been a long winter". Have fun soon, remember the camera. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Shootin from a fire truck. Isn't that a combination of every little boys dream? Being a firefighter and snipin stuff too :D
Love the report Rick. Hope you get out again soon!
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
tt35
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator, Cooper M21, WOA AR, DPMS AR, custom AR

Post by tt35 »

Thanks for the report and the plug on our hunts, Rick. Glad you guys made it out. Mother Nature has offered her challenges this Spring hasn't she? Looks like the next couple of days might be good though. That VarTarg is a Beaut! Once that .20 caliber bullet leaves the muzzle, Skippy doesn't care much what case it was launched from, does he? :D

Looking forward to seeing you guys over here.

Tim
No Off Season
Last edited by tt35 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Titus
No Off Season
www.no-off-season.com
"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."

Sure God's a hunter, he clothed Adam and Eve with skins and told Peter to "kill and eat", didn't He?
Varmint Laser
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Model 21 Montana Varminter .204 Ruger (Laser)

Post by Varmint Laser »

Tim,
How booked up are you around the middle of May?

Scott
Cooper Model 21 Montana Varminter in 204 Ruger (Laser)
tt35
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator, Cooper M21, WOA AR, DPMS AR, custom AR

Post by tt35 »

We're still pretty flexible on weekdays. If you are interested in a weekend, I'd have to check dates with you. Chances are we can work something out for you depending on the size of the party. My e-mail is tim@no-off-season.com or you can call me at 541/589-0030. Leave a message if necessary but I'll definitely get back with you.
Tim Titus
No Off Season
www.no-off-season.com
"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."

Sure God's a hunter, he clothed Adam and Eve with skins and told Peter to "kill and eat", didn't He?
Dave Allen
.204 Ruger Guns: Weatherby Van-Guard

Post by Dave Allen »

Nice recap Rick, you guys are either studs or crazy ? Lol...For going out in that weather :P I passed thru about two weeks ago, got caught in a blizzard, man it snowed hard ! heavy rain, you name it..Water almost up to the hwy east of Burns..Mud-Mud and more Mud !

Oh' yeah good lookin' Cooper ya got there !