Hunted hard Thanks giving weeked.

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Hunted hard Thanks giving weeked.

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Went out Friday it was cool and clear the ground was froze hard at 5,000 feet here in Southern California. I had started at 3:30am and made several stands in the dark I worked into dawn still no luck moving higher and higher up the mountian. At about 8:30 I deciced to start walking up the road with my binoculors and just scope out the sides of the canyons where I could see deer trails at 9:30am I spotted a large coyote near the bottom sitting and looking at me. I laid down in the road and hung my rifle over the edge to get a good shot the small hump of dirt that was graded up was frozen hard and didn't make a good rest I was in a hurry and didn't even remove the glove on my trigger hand. I took aim and fired the coyote shook violintly stood up on his hind legs and spun running out of sight. I was disapointed because it was a beauty. I returned home for a nap and then back out to hike down the canyon to look for it. No luck so on up the hill to make more stands I hunted from 2pm to 10:30 that night finley I got into the grey foxes taking three on three cosecitive stand I was beat.ImageImageImage
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: Hunted hard Thanks giving weeked.

Post by Clint E »

Hey WTG Ryan you worked hard for those three but it payed off. Way to stay after them. The fox look like they got good fur on them do you keep the hides.
The pic of the moutoins and valley is realy neat most people think of Ca. as smog and citys keep up the good work.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: Hunted hard Thanks giving weeked.

Post by Ryan S Albright »

There is a lot of wide open country that which you can hunt is mostly very rugged brushy step hill sides. ImageThis where the coyote was sitting that I missed this is long way down a step gully near two hundred yards no way to walk down from where I stand.Image