warm weather calling

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
sodwyer
.204 Ruger Guns: rem sps var 204

warm weather calling

Post by sodwyer »

I live in Alberta and do most of my coyote calling nov-feb the temp is 0 to-30c .
thinking about getting out soon during the warmer weather. How should I adapt my setup to compensate for differnt temp and season?
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Re: warm weather calling

Post by ryutzy »

I dont have a real profound answer for that, but In the warmer weather I like to howl more. If that doesnt work I move to distress calls or coyote pup distress. It seems to have worked wonders for me. It would be wise to learn which howl sounds mean what in the coyote world so you dont blow em out. I also have found that summer coyotes are relatively dumb in comparison to winter yotes. I assume it has to do with lower hunting pressure in the summer and obviously all the new young uneducated yotes are now on their own. Jus my opinion.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
tawnoper

Post by tawnoper »

wear a sweatshirt instead of a jacket.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I rarely call this early but on the occasions I do I like pup distress. I believe the Adults are still gonna look out for this years young even if they have ran them off. JMHO
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen