Rock chucks meet the Marlin!

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Guy M

Rock chucks meet the Marlin!

Post by Guy M »

Saw two, shot same! :D Both at 60 - 70 yards from unsupported sitting with the little Marlin 39A and the 6x Leupold. Used good old 38 gr Federal American Eagle hollow point ammo. That stuff shoots great from the Marlin!

Regards, Guy
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Re: Rock chucks meet the Marlin!

Post by bullfrog »

Nice shootin Guy!
There's just something about lever actions. Love em.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Guy: Nice! I love those Marliln 39's.....sweet rifles made the right way. Looks like your varmint season is off to a good start. Keep it coming! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Guy M

Post by Guy M »

You guys on this forum got me all fired up about varmint shooting a couple of years ago... I'd gone through times when high velocity hollow points splattering little critters were at the top of my list, and then the enthusiasm for it faded. Now it's all your fault (all of ya!) for getting me all worked up about varmint rifles, loads and varmints in general again!

Thanks! :D
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Stick around Guy, we'll corrupt you even more! We're also good at "purchasing mentoring", meaning we're quite adept at depleting your bank account as well.

Sort of adicting, ain't it? ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Guy, thanks for the kind words! But I must say that this is all Rick's fault! If my son Dan (Rat Force One) hadn't sat next to Rick on a plane to Chicago three years ago I wouldn't be here totally hooked and much poorer! :eek: :lol: Oh how I love this stuff! :D Gary
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Stick around Guy, we'll corrupt you even more! We're also good at "purchasing mentoring", meaning we're quite adept at depleting your bank account as well.

Sort of adicting, ain't it? ;)
Rick takes a lot of blame around my house, and I haven't even met him face to face yet. Every time my wife finds out about another gun purchase I just say "hey, talk to rick in oregon."
Seriously though, Rick has been a great source of knowledge and advice that has actually saved me time and money, and he is very much appreciated!!!!!!! :D
The resources of this forum are stellar, and definately uniqe compared to others.
Keep the pics coming Guy!
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Guy...........Nice real nice! Love that blueing!! Congrads on connecting with your Marlin. The Marlin 39A was my 1st 22 my dad gave me on my 12th birthday............still got it! Yep the guys here can realy help spend you hard earned $$$ for ya. :lol: Rick is good one for that!!! My son ended up with a Kimber 1911 on his recomendation. Now after Rick's one post about a snake load for is 45. I'm gona have to work up one for my 500 smith :duh: . Ok later and thanks for sharing the pics
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

YA, i got addicted to this stuff about 25 yrs ago, with my 10/22. graduated to varmint rifles 5 yrs ago with my 223 and 4 yrs ago with my 204. but this has been way better than my smoking addiction, quit 21 yrs ago, and saved enough money not buying the smokes to pay for this addiction! :lol: and this is way healthier for me than smokin. :eek:

i am also a big fan of the lever guns, and great pics, guy!

PS, also, thanks RIO
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.