Never get in a hurry

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
ACLakey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage .204 Predator Hunter(soon)

Never get in a hurry

Post by ACLakey »

I was very excited to get the barrel screwed onto project .223AI and was eager to get out today and unleash it on a few local squirrels. After putting the rifle together and replacing the scope and bases, I loaded up 50 rounds for fire forming purposes and headed out. I put a target up at 100 yards and did torched off a couple rounds to get it sighted close enough to kill a squirrel. Looking at the target it was clean?? Backed off to 50 yards and put a few more rounds at the target...nothing. I had my buddy look over my shoulder as I could not see where I was hitting. Another round down range and he says I am about five feet right! I messed with the scope until I was out of adjustment and still no good. I put the scope back where I started and adjusted gave it a quick bore site at a close target. It seems in my haste to go shooting I forgot to bore site the scope, oops. So I wasted all the rounds I loaded up and still don't have the new project .223AI sited in yet. Lesson learned, slow down and do things right.

On a side note my 77/22 is still as accurate as ever. I was able to down about 30 squirrels before I had to come in for a work meeting. Fun stuff.