The 204 takes one off of the deck

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

The 204 takes one off of the deck

Post by Gube »

Had a yote out this morning about 200 yds out bugging my dogs. He just sat there on his haunches while him and my dogs were barking back and forth. The 243 was upstairs with a tube full of "wipe out", so I had to decide on the 204 or the 270 win. The 204 won. :D
Instead of the bergers, I decided to whack him with a 39 BK. Hit him in the front as he was facing me and proceded to do about 20 spins. He stopped long enough broadside while biting at his chest for me to put another in and down he went. First shot splashed pretty good (softball sized hole), and the next one I couldn't tell where I hit em. No exit on either shot.
These last few weeks have been more fun than shooting fish in a barrel. :twisted:
Next time I think I'll stick with the bergers. I still have a bunch of 38 gr wildcats that still need load testing. I will definitely be testing them out for next winter. This time I used my Savage 12, BTVSS. A buddy of mine has been using my VLP for the winter and has whacked a pile of dogs as well, mostly with the 35 bergers, and a few with the 39 bk's.

Savage Vaporizer
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: The 204 takes one off of the deck

Post by Glen »

That's a big dog. Good looking too. Way to go!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
darchell
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varmint VLP

Post by darchell »

Gube nice looking dog. You have no idea how lucky you are being where you are, or maybe you do :chin: I can only dream of being able to "Take one off of the deck" Considering that you have killed yotes with both, BK's and Bergers, you would reccomend Bergers I guess? Ever have a Berger splash? I killed the ground Hog with a Berger and had little damage, fur friendly as they say. I may load up with some BK's to get a little splash action happening. Any thoughts?
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

Love it! WTG!

In Christ,

Song Dog
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

darchell wrote:Gube nice looking dog. You have no idea how lucky you are being where you are, or maybe you do :chin: I can only dream of being able to "Take one off of the deck" Considering that you have killed yotes with both, BK's and Bergers, you would reccomend Bergers I guess? Ever have a Berger splash? I killed the ground Hog with a Berger and had little damage, fur friendly as they say. I may load up with some BK's to get a little splash action happening. Any thoughts?
The bergers are definitely the fur friendly ones. For major "mist" action, any of the ballistic tips will do the deed, and for myself, I would rate the 39 BK as the top dog. It has a nice high BC, inherent accuracy, and has a thinner jacket (more frangible) than the othors which is ideal for "red misting" the smaller critters.
Savage Vaporizer