New coyote 700

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
venison_burger
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps chambered in .204 ruger

New coyote 700

Post by venison_burger »

Well, I finally got the new 700 put together and broken in. Things look promising since it was shooting groups under .5 moa during the break in process with starting loads of 32gr VMax. The gun is a Remington 700 SPS varmint. I put a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock on the gun which went on very easy. Everything dropped in and was was friction fit in the gun before putting the screws in. The only thing I had to do was add a washer under the front screw for the floorplate to be flush with the stock. The scope is a 4-16x50mm Monarch. With the side focus feature I was able to put the scope on Medium Burris rings which gives it a relatively low profile for being a 50mm scope. A friend helped me get the trigger down to 2.5 pounds. Now I've just got to find a coyote soon so I'll be able to relax until next fall.

Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: New coyote 700

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Lookin' good V-Burger! That 50mm scope mounted nice and low too....a very nice attribute. By the sounds of it, she should be a coyote-gettin' rig for sure. Nice when a project all comes together, runs good, and looks the part too. Nice job! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: New coyote 700

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Very nice clean looking rifle. I am sure it will serve you well. The new side focus tecnology allows for lower mounting. I can't wait to get one on my rifle. Happy hunting.