Stevens 322a

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Stevens 322a

Post by sniper model 12 »

A buddy has a Stevens 322a in 22 hornet. He's wanting to use it for coyote hunting with me, but I'm not familiar with this caliber. I know of it, but not about it and what is can do.

I would imagine that it'll function fine for coyotes. . .

He's having difficulty matching the rifle to a good set of scope rings. This is mostly due to the scope mounting rail system that's on the rifle from factory.

Does anyone have some suggestions? He'd like some help.

Thank you all,

eric
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: Stevens 322a

Post by Ryan S Albright »

A 22 hornet should be a fine round for coyote. The stevens rifle should be able to be fitted with weaver mounts. I think it is the same as a Savage.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

A real good fella from another Forum has popped a couple with his Hornet this winter. I'll see if I can't get him to stop by with all the particulars for you.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Red

Post by Red »

It should use a Weaver side mount base but it is likely is not drilled and tapped like the Savage 340.

I bought a CZ Hornet a while back. I was a little leary of it's ability to put coyotes down quickly and consistantly. So far I've not taken, or had the opportunity to take, any shots past 100 yards on coyotes with it. At, or under the 100 yard mark I'm pretty impressed so far. Each has gone down right in it's tracks. The smaller you go caliber wise, shot placement is bound to be more and more critical though. I'm liking mine with 40 grain Sierra Hornet Bullets. I've killed one or two with the 35 grain V-Max, but IMO they are not the best bullet for larger critters. It should push a 40 grainer at about 2800fps with a case full of Lil' Gun.

Good luck.