The Coyote have disapeared!

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

The Coyote have disapeared!

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I have been out hunting at night both early in the evening around 7pm and as late as 3:30 in the morning I can't get the coyote to respond to a group howl which they always answer. I am thinking that they have traveled the river bed down stream out in the Valley. I went up in the mountains last night and nothing up there ether. I haven't seen a eye ball in several nights of hunting. I know some people think that night hunting would make getting a coyote a cinch. I often go through dry spells of no luck.
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Re: The Coyote have disapeared!

Post by Hotshot »

There seems to be a shortage of Coyotes across the nation as they are all moving to the Washington D.C. area.
sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Post by sniper model 12 »

I've been seeing more in broad daylight around here. Two of em came in just before Ohio gun week. Unfortunately, I had my bow and poppin a shot at 50 yds with my little PSE Bruin through the trees was not an option.

The male / femail couple hung in the field hunting mice and rabbits for over an hour. I coaxed them into 50 yds with lip squeeks until the male realized that this mouse was in a tree and was a little bigger than what he was lookin to eat.

I didn't spook him and make him run, but he did look in my direction and trotted off. I'm going out this weekend to see if I can get him to come inside 50yds of the ground blind!
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
steve
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 204 lvsf

Post by steve »

I have had the same problem, hopefully it will pick up soon.
Gannon
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C encore .204 Nikon buckmaster 6-18

Post by Gannon »

You guys need to come on out to north eastern colorado theres more coyotes this year than ive ever seen. Maybe they are like a lot of the californians packin up and moving to colo. lol
sgp5163
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by sgp5163 »

Ryan, Do you think it is the weather?
woodog

Post by woodog »

sgp5163 wrote:Ryan, Do you think it is the weather?
I'm in the southern San Joaquin Valley in California and the three-year drought here has really taken its toll on the game predators eat. We are seeing as many bobcats as coyotes. Haven't gotten my first of either yet since September.

Woo
San Joaquin Sighthounds
Salukis, Whippets and Greyhounds

Home of the 2005/2006 #1 National Open Field Coursing Grehound - Cucuy
Medic52
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 SPS Varmint

Post by Medic52 »

We seem to be holding our own on the yotes in Missouri, we sometimes use dogs and radios to cut them off. Some of our fields are really big and 300-500 yards shots are common. We can not use lights at night to hunt with here...
" The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he LOVES what is behind him." G.K.Chesterton

REM 700 SPS Varmint Elite 6x24x40
LIFE MEMBER NRA
TROPHY LIFE MEMBER NAHC
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

We just got drinched here with about a inch and a half of rain. I just got in from hunting in the middle of the valley here. I was surprized to see many Jack rabbits along with cotton tails so they survived the drought. The coyote where out but I had a hard time getting around in all the mud. I started hunting around 6:30pm. I had the coyote talking to me but they just wouldn't come in. I was hunting some fields that have industrial and housing close by so I had dogs barking and helicopters flying around very unnerving. The coyote out by my house have dessapeared some where I know they will be back but it bugs me that I can't find them.