Two coyote mornin'. That's good in GA!

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
GAJoe

Two coyote mornin'. That's good in GA!

Post by GAJoe »

Met a man this past spring that coyotes killed two of his Jack Russels at the same time. The only problem was entering his property would be upwind of the area. Did some homework and found out who owned downwind and got permission. Just this mornin' got around to going after 'em. Second stand of the day , first on this property, set up my FX5 with JIB. Started with the new MKII Cottontail Distress and Lighting Jack. After 5 to 10 min this mange female came in. Bang flop @ 90yds.
It's full grown. The mange gives it juvenile appearance but the size was 30+ pounds.

Went over the hill and found a nice raised box stand over a cornfield that was a couple hundred yards wide. Put out the FX5 and JIB again. Again started with cottontail and jack for a few min., nothing. Swithed to Woodpecker distress and "Lucky Bird" after a few min. this nice 33lb male appeared out of the thick into the cornfield. Bang flop @ 200yds.
First time I've got two on the same day much less the same mornin'.
GAJoe
Ezek 33:11 ... I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live."
2Peter 3:9 The Lord is...not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."
John 3:16
eraser3214

Re: Two coyote mornin'. That's good in GA!

Post by eraser3214 »

Nice yotes, how do you like the savage?
GAJoe

Post by GAJoe »

Love the savage after a little custom work. The grip was so big in my hand I took some wood out to get some clearance for my trigger finger and some moulded fingergrips then took out some more to have a palm-swell. You can't beat out of the box accuracy for the $. It's killed every coyote I've shot on the spot.
GAJoe
Ezek 33:11 ... I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live."
2Peter 3:9 The Lord is...not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Heckuva hunt you had Joe!! Thanks for sharing & Congratulations on the coyotes!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Nice shoot GA. How do you like your JIB? Do the coyotes fixate on that? I'm in the process of making an economical decoy, but might look into the jib sometime.
That male is a nice lookin dog!
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
steve
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 204 lvsf

Post by steve »

nice dogs .how do you like your fx 5
GAJoe

Post by GAJoe »

Bullfrog,
Yes, both coyotes were locked on the JIB. I have built a couple of home made decoys and had good luck with them but the JIB is built very dependable and I like having control of the motion with the remote. The coaxer sound in the JIB is great.

Steve,
Sence having the 3.3 software installed in the FX5 it has worked wonderfully. You can't find a better remote control in the business. The four presets are easy to change between stands. If you don't need the volume of the FX5 the Scorpion has the same remote and can be turned on via remote and it costs less.
GAJoe