First Ever!

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
JGBETTS

First Ever!

Post by JGBETTS »

This is my first coyote EVER! I shot it with my .204 Ruger at 75 yards with 34 grain dogtown hp's.
This is my daughter and huntin' buddy, Jessi.
Hunt Hard, Shoot straight, Kill clean, Apologize to no one
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Re: First Ever!

Post by Melvin Eades »

I'll bet you're hooked now, and your daughter hunting with you also. That's great, enjoy every minute you can with her and let's see her "first" coyote on here soon.

Good goin' !!
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Singleshot

Post by Singleshot »

Did you get an exit hole with the Dogtown bullet?
BowHuntingFool
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 11 FNS Hunter .204 Ruger

Post by BowHuntingFool »

Congrats!!!!! Looks like you did some damage there!
Savage Model 11 FNS Hunter .204 Ruger
Leupold VX-II 3x9 40mm
Hornady 40gr V-Max

--07' Season--
Coyotes Called: 10
Coyotes Killed: 4
Coyotes Missed: 2
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Nice shooting there JGBETTS, and good to see the youngster getting involved. I have a 13 yr old that likes to go with me, its a hoot. Im just getting ready for the first trip out and was thinking about heading out that way and do some exploring. I usally go west or north west. Three weeks ago I spent a week at a family reunion up in the uintas and was practicing calling and had two yotes come back to me one barked and one howled, never did see them I was to busy playing on my new atv and just stopped for the sunset and figguerd Id give it howl or two over the look out point.
Great pics and congrats take care

Matt
Drew Jaeger
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VSSF II

Post by Drew Jaeger »

Congratulations on your first "Yote".
Cheers

Drew

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Sweet shootin! The first 1 is the funnest!!! I was up in the Fruitland area this weekend and heard them howling around camp but it was a family reunion so I didn't even take my howler let alone my .204. :wall: I'm with Singleshot though, give us some info on the tenminal perfomance of that Dogtown. You may be the first fella to bag a coyote with one. (If memory serves......Which it rarely does!)
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

CONGRATULATIONS on your 1st doggie JG!! Looks like you got an enthused huntin partner there with ya too. Can't wait to see her 1st coyote now!! :mrgreen:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

JG: Nice doggie, pretty daughter, and good shootin'!

What a great way to start what will now become an addiction. You're off to a very good start with that 204. Nothing like confidence in one's rifle! Keep up the good work, and let us know if Jessi pops one too. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

JGBETTS

Post by JGBETTS »

Thanks for the comments guys. The hole you see in the pic is the exit hole. I had a hard time finding the entrance hole. The dogtown hp's worked very well, considering they were my own handloads. My daughter isn't quite hooked yet but i'm trying. She goes with me so she can drive. (She is only 14) But I think she will get the "fever" soon. I guess her going with me is the important part.

rugerdogdog......When you coming up here next. I would be interested in knowing fellow hunters and hunting together. There are some really good coyote and jack rabbit areas up here.
Rugerdogdog

Post by Rugerdogdog »

We generally just come up for the reunion on Labor Day but that property just sits there basically unused for the rest of the year. Every year we talk about going up more often but you know how that goes. I do want to plan an expedition up there in the winter so I will keep you in mind. A guide for the area would be a huge plus, dang there's a lot of private ground up there!

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
JGBETTS

Post by JGBETTS »

RUGERDOGDOG.... You name the date. There is a lot of private land up here. But I know alot of the farmers and have permission to hunt coyotes on much of the private land. There is also alot of BLM land too. You just have to know where the tribal boundaries are. Are you familiar with the Myton area at all?
Rugerdogdog

Post by Rugerdogdog »

JG, no I dont know Myton at all, I have only passed through several times. The only areas I do know are from working up there this summer. Commuting from Pinn Willies to Roosevelt everyday. :wall: And also hunted cows up on Blind Stream a few years back. Around her property is ALL private so not much opportunity there.