Southeast Oregon Deer Hunt

Talk about North American big game hunting.
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Southeast Oregon Deer Hunt

Post by bullfrog »

I went deer hunting in Oregon with a rifle for just the second time. (usually a stick thrower). Had a great time, but saw more coyotes than deer. Even so, I was fortunate to harvest this 3 point.
Here is a view of the country and mr. buck loaded on the quad. Had to drag him a couple hundred yards straight up from where I shot him, but then it was smooth sailing on the quad for the 1 mile back to the truck.
Also, here is a pic of my brother in law with his first mule deer. Trophy is a relative term. He has shot a few whitetails in Texas, but this was his first mulie after coming home empty several times before. Perfect double lung shot from 100 yards.
Doesn't get any better!!!
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Southeast Oregon Deer Hunt

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Hey Bullfrog! Good to see you here again, and congrats on that nice 3-point! Glad also your bro-in-law got his first mulie buck, which looks to be very tasty table fare also.

From the photos, it looks like you were hunting not far from one of my squirrel spots (I'll PM you on that subject). Don't want to give up any honey-holes over the internet.

On my .270.....every deer season it's a tug of war when I open the safe and try to decide who goes hunting....7-08 Ackley, .270, .30-06, or one of my .338's with light bullets, or possibly my .243 with Barnes X's. It's usually a toss-up between the 7 and .270 though, this year the seven won, as she's got nowhere the deer count the M70 .270 does. I assume you used your .270?

Anyway, glad you both scored. Don't be a stranger here. ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Looks nice T shirt weather. We had one cold day here so far it was great opening day! we haven't had one since. I miss the purple sage. Nice country, Good shooting. Yee Haa! winter is near I can't wait to get out and find some coyote's.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Excellent!

Friend brought some deer jerky to work the other day....mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!!