Wyoming mulie

Talk about North American big game hunting.
Guy M

Wyoming mulie

Post by Guy M »

With the help of some very gracious people who allowed me to hunt their property, I was able to take this tall Wyoming mulie. Wasn't sure the hunt was even going to happen. My guided hunt with the outfitter fell through, and I was recovering from recent shoulder surgery. Managed to make it happen though, and am very happy with the results. Sorry the picture isn't more clear, he's a great looking young buck, I figure about 3.5 years old.

Regards, Guy
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Wyoming mulie

Post by Glen »

Nice buck Guy!! Congratulations & Get Well Soon!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

WOW! Very nice.
sum-rifle
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M

Post by sum-rifle »

Looks like a really nice buck. You did not say but is he a 4X4 or is it bigger?
I know you can't eat the antlers but everyone loves to know how many points.

Again congratulations!
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Sorry - yes, he's a 4x4 plus eyeguards, about 16 - 17" wide and 24+ inches tall.

Nailed him with a .25-06 Rem 700 CDL, which has become my favorite deer rifle. Load was a 100 grain Barnes TSX loaded to 3340 fps mv. I used H4350, Winchester brass and Federal 210 match primers. Put the loads together with Wilson in-line BR type dies. Good accuracy out to 300 yards. After preparing for a nice 300 - 350 yard shot, I ended up taking the buck at about 30 yards... :oops: Could have nailed him with a bow. Or my .45-70. Or a muzzle loader. Or a handgun. Or a slingshot I suppose... Gotta have those 3000+ fps loads for those long-range 30 yard shots ya know... :D

Again, the hunt was only possible because some great folks stepped in and rescued my hunt by allowing me to hunt their land. I thought I was sunk when the guided hunt fell through and then I had to have surgery... I was hunting within 50 or 60 miles of Yellowstone, near Cody, and it was awesome being there without all the summer tourists. The fall colors were just fading, the bison were wandering out of the park, pronghorn antelope were everywhere and even some bighorn sheep made an appearance. It was quite a trip. Should have brought my fly rod - there wouldn't have been any competition on the rivers...

Hope everyone else has a great deer season too! Regards, Guy
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Way to go Guy! It's nice when you're prepared for a 300+ yard shot, and have one presented right in front of your muzzle. Life should always be like that. ;)

That's a very nice mulie buck in anyone's book. Congratulations for sure. For next season though (the one we've been talking about in PM's), a squirrel at 300+ yards is just a bit smaller....... :lol: Thanks for sharing.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Nice buck Guy. It's fun to take something with character/uniqueness, and you certainly did.
Congrats!
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.