WTB: .204 Reloading Gear (everything)

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
mike204
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ527 VARMINT

WTB: .204 Reloading Gear (everything)

Post by mike204 »

Hey Guys--

First time reloader here. I have quite a bit of catching up to do. Please message me if you have any of the following gear for sale/swap, or anything else similar/relevant. I'm starting from scratch (well, I do have few boxes of hornady once-fireds on hand), so feel free to email me your suggestions or opinions. My goal for reloading is to improve accuracy as much as I can (what's a reasonable goal here, vs. factory ammo, generally?). I have good bags, and I'm a just-slightly-above-average shot. I have a CZ527 Varmint with a Nikon scope and the set-trigger adjusted nice. That said, I want to find the happy medium before the diminishing-returns-factor comes into play. Making any sense? Thank you in advance for your help!!

(1) Single-Stage Press (please note brand/condition)
(1) Set of dies for .204. I believe I would like a FL die here; but am flexible...
(1) .204 bullets (what grain, brand, how many?)
(1) .204 brass (new/used?, brand, how many?)
(1) Lee Autoprime
(1) Primer "flipper" Tray
(1) .204 Case trimmer
(1) Loading trays

Really, guys. I'm looking for almost everything. Good condition. If you have a good spare, a christmas present you never returned, something you bought too much of, decent used...just let me know. I'd like to pay by paypal, and can probably pick it up if you're in the upper midwest. Any help is appreciated. Thanks (already) for the great website.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Re: WTB: .204 Reloading Gear (everything)

Post by ryutzy »

I have a like new (loaded less than 100rds) Hornady Custom Die set for the 204. Includes a FL sizer and a bullet seater. I also have several hundred 40grain Vmax bullets. Let me know if you are interested.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
mike204

Post by mike204 »

pm sent (bullets)
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Mike,
Some of us may have an increase in "spare" equipment AFTER Christmas. Depends on how good we have been during the last 12 months! As for me, I'm hoping for a Sinclair Int. kind of Christmas......
mike204

Post by mike204 »

sounds like time for some upgradin'.....well, you know where to find me! :D
rayfromtx

Post by rayfromtx »

I have the redding competition die set if you are interested. I'll sell it for 70% of what midway wants plus shipping.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Those dies are as good as or better than anything out there!
rayfromtx

Post by rayfromtx »

Except for custom made dies by Neil Jones, made to fit my chambers cut by my own design custom made reamer by PTG. Now all my cases are sized less than .001 for concentricity and low case work hardening. My brass expires only when the primer pockets get too loose now. and the brass is interchangeable in both rifles as both actions have been milled to be exactly the same. I can swap barrels and brass without fear. All is wonderful in 204 land. Before I did all that, the Redding comp set was the best I could find. I use a Wilson bullet seater with a small arbor press.
hehunts
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15,Ruger 77,Remington 700

Post by hehunts »

Mike,
I sent you a PM on Reloading Gear