WTB Jackson Varminter Stock for Cooper M21

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
dan97526
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper M21, Cooper 38 20VT, CZ 17H

WTB Jackson Varminter Stock for Cooper M21

Post by dan97526 »

Title says it all. I'm looking for a Jackson Varminter stock for a Cooper M21. I have a nicely figured Montana Varminter stock I would trade, or pay cash.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: WTB Jackson Varminter Stock for Cooper M21

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Dan, that is not a viable option. The Jackson Varminter barrel contour is lighter than the VR or Varmint model. Your M21 MTV barrel is "varmint weight", not the 'walkabout' contour/weight of the Jackson, and therefore will not fit in the Jackson stock without hogging out the barrel channel.

Maybe just trade for a Jackson Varminter rifle and be done with it or sell your MTV to get what you really seem to want?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

dan97526
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper M21, Cooper 38 20VT, CZ 17H

Post by dan97526 »

Sonuvagun...you're right, Rick. Small difference at the action, but there nonetheless. Significantly more taper.

From Cove Creek:

M21 Jackson Varminter 20 Tactical
Barrel:Stainless Steel .940 x .580 x 24"

M21 Montana Varminter 20 Tactical
Barrel:1.0 x .775 x 24", Stainless

Per my other related threads, I'm looking for a stock with a higher comb => because I want a scope with a larger objective => because I want to get a little more magnification on my .204.

In truth however, I don't want to part with my MT Varminter. It's too good a rifle and has served me too well to take a chance on something else - even another Cooper! But with the Vartarg now, the .204 seems to be headed into the role of 300-500yd rifle. Rats get mighty small even on 20-power out that far.
blkdog

Post by blkdog »

I had the same problem with my Coopers. I found a cheek rest that straps on made by Blackhawk. That did the trick. The rest is adjustable by removing foam pads the are internal. Hope this helps