want to trade 308 brass

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
fishnbob
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C venture predator

want to trade 308 brass

Post by fishnbob »

I have a bunch of 308win fc 1x fired brass and i am looking to trade for some 7mm-08 brass new or once fired. Dont want to sell just trade. I am willing to trade 2 to 1 for new brass or even up for 1x fired. I will be out of town till monday so i wont be able to check pm's or post frequently till then. Thanks

I also might have a few 204 and 22-250 1x fired i might consider trading as well. Just need 7mm-08 brass. I am looking for about 2-300 pieces
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: want to trade 308 brass

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Bob - Why don't you just neck down the 308 brass to 7mm as it appears you've got beaucoup parent brass to do it with....... :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

fishnbob

Post by fishnbob »

RIO
I tried but i dont have much reloading experience and cant seem to get it to work. I have a lee fl die, i lube everything up good and 1 pass. Brass goes in easy and doesnt stick coming out, no dimples on the shoulder and i was pretty proud of how they looked. Unfortunately there seems to be a donut where the neck and shoulder meet (barely visible) and i cant seem to keep the necks under. 317 loaded and my dummy rounds will not chamber. I dont know that i am ready to takle neck reaming and turning or if I really want to yet. Unless you have some suggestions?
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Bob. Not RIO but I would back off your die from touching the shell holder every so slightly, so you are not setting the shoulder back and causing the donut.. Then make sure you brass is not to long, you may have to trim the neck/mouth for a overall case length. That really should allow you to then load for you 7/08 and chamber and make the final fire form. RIO will surely offer you better info to try, but I would start as I mention. Bill K :)
fishnbob

Post by fishnbob »

Thanks for the advice bill. The length looks good right now but i will try setting the die back when i get home. Also I sent a pm off to RIO. Sure would be great if i could figure this out.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

You will. There really should be no problem forming your 308 to 7-08.. It pretty much is the neck diameter that changes. It will come to pass. Bill K :)
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

And, if it ends up that you need to turn the necks, don't sweat it. Other than opening your' wallet, it's a very painless process.
fishnbob

Post by fishnbob »

Thanks to all the help from here I no longer need to trade. I am easily making this 308 into 7mm-08
Thanks for all the help