WTB: Cooper Varminter, 20VT

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

WTB: Cooper Varminter, 20VT

Post by RAMOS »

Looking for rifle described above, does not have to be new. Also looking for required dies.

Have phoned the following companies, some have shown inventory on the web, but have none w/ the exception of Sundog. They have upgraded examples starting at $4,500 and I'm not in that market.

First Stop Guns
Whittaker Guns
Sundog Firearms
Prophet River Firearms
Neilson's Sporting Goods
Luxus Firearms
Cove Creek Outfitters

Any help would be appreciated. As some of you may know, I am a southpaw but, am looking for a right bolt gun. This will be handed down to my "northpaw" son someday!
csand
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Firearms

Re: WTB: Cooper Varminter, 20VT

Post by csand »

PM sent
HeadLever
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Model 21

Post by HeadLever »

Don't know how much you are set on the Varminter, but Cliff's here in Bose has a Jackson Hunter in the Model 38 for sale. This M38 short action is no longer made by Cooper in the 20VT, however, is is the shorter (22 in) and semi-sporter-stlye barrel. I have held it several times and it is a beaut. Cliff's is kind of expensive, but I just bought a Laminate Model 21 from there here a few weeks ago. Still trying to get the brass formed. In any case, let us know how the search goes.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/917814093/Gu ... r_Targ.htm
RAMOS

Post by RAMOS »

Thanks Headlever,
The main reason we are stuck on the Varminter is that we need it to work for both North and South Paws. No doubt, you are correct, that is a gorgeous rifle.
Jon
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

Last summer when i was shooting Pdogs in Holly Co we stopped by a nice little gunshop in the nearby town of Lamar CO. The owner of the shop kept a nice little collection of Cooper rifles. One of them was a 20VT. You may want to give them a call and see what they have in stock. Here is their information:

Mike's Main St Sports
106 N Main St, Lamar, CO 81052
(719) 336-5923
RAMOS

Post by RAMOS »

Thanks Brad, will do. So far, I have two possibles, the wood between the two appears to be a push. One is in Michigan, the other is in Montana, both NIB. Hey Brad, I know you are handling Redding now and I have received a quote on dies. Do you have access to Wilson dies for seating?
wirelessguy2005

I hope to see some pics of the rifle that you end up with.
Unfortunately we are not carrying any of Wilson's products at this time, it may be something we consider down the road. Thank You for asking, i appreciate it.

Brad
RAMOS

Post by RAMOS »

Good tip Brad. Mike has one on the shelf. PM sent to ya. Getting closer to needing those dies!
wirelessguy2005

I am glad to hear the leade worked out. Mike is a good guy, we talked with him for about an hour last summer. If anyone is in Lamar or Holly Co shooting dogs you really have to stop by his store, he has a nice selection of Cooper, Browning, and other fine rifles.

Just let me know if you end up needing any dies, i would be happy to help. :D
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

RAMOS wrote:Good tip Brad. Mike has one on the shelf. PM sent to ya. Getting closer to needing those dies!

Jon http://www.gmwvickerman.com/
If you already use wilson seaters and have the press etc,then I'd stay with that.However look into the Vickerman Bullet seaters, above.This is the original window seater,first introduced in the early 50s and currently made to the same specs(interchangeable parts).I have one body and inserts for 6mm with 23* and 40* shoulders.The 20 cal insert has a 30* sholder which works for the 204 and 20 Ackley Bee with diferent case holder extensions.I use a Harrels single stage magnum press as a dedicated seater.It's a clamp on and straight up and down,making the seating operation a joy to use.The extended shell holders are just set-in type.Needed
for all cases shorter than 30-06.Great guy to do bussiness with.