WTB: Savage Target Action

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

WTB: Savage Target Action

Post by Trent »

I am wanting to buy a Savage Target action. Right bolt, right port with a standard bolt head (.308 cal).

If anyone has one they want to sell let me know. I am ready to buy.

- Trent
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Re: WTB: Savage Target Action

Post by ryutzy »

I have a Savage action, don't believe it is a Target action. It is a used long action from a 30-06. You may have to change the extractor to fit the .308 I think. It it a RBRP action. Not sure this is exactly what you want---if it is PM me.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
kyyotestalker
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 sps varmint

Post by kyyotestalker »

i dont know if you have looked but buds gun shop is a dealer of the savage target actions and will ship to any dealer with no charge! there price for a r bolt r port is $491.00 www.budsgunshop.com
Where did that hit? I dont know aim alittle higher!
Trent

Post by Trent »

Thanks rutzy, I am looking for the short action single shot target action (comes with the target version of the AccuTrigger).

kyyotestalker, I've bought from Buds in the past and was definitely happy. I figured I'd see if I could scrounge up a used target action first. If not then I'll give Buds or Northland Shooters Supply a call and order up a new one. If I can't locate a used one this week then I'll go new.

Thanks guys!
GaCop
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15, 24" stainless varmint barrel

Post by GaCop »

Chiming in a little late but, Northlander Shooter Supply, Jim Briggs usually has target actions in stock his numbers are: 1-763-682-4296, FAX-1-763-682-6098. E-mail: briggs.j-b@Q.com. P.O. Box 333 Buffalo, MN 55313 HTH.

Tom
Trent

Post by Trent »

GaCop, I was going to buy from Jim if I couldn't locate a used action. Turns out that I just won a 50% off cert from Savage so I'll be combining that with my 50% of Shilen certificate and starting my half-off custom! Haha.

Now I just need to find a competition that has a half off McMillan stocks certificate!
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

If you are going to just shoot it off of a bench, you may want to consider a right bolt, left port action. I have one for my 20 VT and love it. I am waiting for the same action to arrive from Savage for my 6.6-284 build. It is a single shot. It is so nice to load from the left side, reach up and grab the empty out and throw a loaded one in and just close the bolt to make the next shot. It is much more convenient than reaching over the bolt to load and unload every time. I made my Savage model 12 VLP into a single shot for the bench but reaching over the bolt all the time is a pain, after getting spoiled with the left port. The accutrigger that goes down to 6 ounces is great.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

I am with Sidewinder on this one. Love the right bolt/left port.
Trent

Post by Trent »

This rifle will be strictly for offhand shooting. No benches for me. :wink:

The left port would actually be a hindrance in this case. Has to be a right bolt and right port. This rifle will live it's live strictly in competition. I have to get the beast to come in at no more than 10lbs 2ozs including the scope/rings. That is max weight per NRA rules.

Right now I am racking my brain trying to sort out what to buy from Savage. Just the action, or a complete rifle and then sell off the stock and barrel. They don't really offer any stocks that are well designed for strictly offhand competition. I think I could make the HS Precision that comes on the Law Enforcement "10 FCP HS Precision" work but it is designed for a magazine. Not that the model 12 single shot wouldn't still fit in there. I just wouldn't use the middle action screw.

My other option is to go with an aftermarket synthetic stock designed for silhouette competition. Like these from McMillan. I'd have to cut my own inlet as I don't think McMillan has a Savage inlet.