204 Ultralight - SPF

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
K22

204 Ultralight - SPF

Post by K22 »

SPF

Well heck, my Ruger synthetic ultralight in 204 is back up for sale. The deal fell through with the last buyer. Man, what is the deal with Boise ID. dealers and not accepting guns from non-FFL holders?

As I had posted earlier, it is a stainless synthetic ultralight that has camo tape on the barrel and receiver. It is a very good shooter with factory 39gr. and 32gr. and handloaded Berger 35gr. It comes either with a 3x9 Bushnell Trophy scope, all for $500.00 shipped or without the scope for $450.00 shipped. Round count is less than 250.
The scope in the picture is a Browning and is not for sale.

Last edited by K22 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Re: 204 Ultralight

Post by futuretrades »

Don't know about ID. but when I had my FFL, the firearm had to be shipped by an FFL holder and received by an FFL holder. Check into this, and maybe you can still make your deal with the Idaho person that wants your rifle. Also, the only way to ship firearms is thru UPS. USPS will not ship firearms. I gave up my FFL when I sold my business a little over 15 yrs ago.
BOY, things have changed! :eek:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

In the past five years or so, I've found that Fed-Ex is by far the best way to ship firearms. I've had some nasty local experiences here with UPS.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I just got my Rem 5MM thru the USPS in mid January. It took 3 days from Delaware to Ohio. And the rifle must go from FFL to FFL on an interstate sale. Even a F2F interstate sale is supposed to go thru at least 1 FFL.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Post by Trent »

futuretrades wrote:Don't know about ID. but when I had my FFL, the firearm had to be shipped by an FFL holder and received by an FFL holder. Check into this, and maybe you can still make your deal with the Idaho person that wants your rifle. Also, the only way to ship firearms is thru UPS. USPS will not ship firearms. I gave up my FFL when I sold my business a little over 15 yrs ago.
BOY, things have changed! :eek:
I ship longguns through USPS all the time. They will not ship handguns though. And most states do not require FFL-to-FFL. Just FFL on the receiving end. A few state are @ss backwards though.
K22

Re: 204 Ultralight - SPF

Post by K22 »

I've sold several long guns and never had to ship FFL to FFL. In fact, I just sold this to a fella in Montana and his FFL holder only requested I put a copy of my Drivers License in the box with the gun. Same thing my FFL holder here requests.

Is Fed Ex cheaper than UPS or about the same?
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Re: 204 Ultralight - SPF

Post by Trent »

K22 wrote:I've sold several long guns and never had to ship FFL to FFL. In fact, I just sold this to a fella in Montana and his FFL holder only requested I put a copy of my Drivers License in the box with the gun. Same thing my FFL holder here requests.

Is Fed Ex cheaper than UPS or about the same?
It is generally different depending on where you are sending. FedEX and UPS have different coverage areas. There are some areas that UPS can't deliver to but FedEX can... and vice versa. Once you have the box dimensions you should be able to get an estimate on each of their websites.

Long guns though I try to go through USPS if possible.