My dream 204 is up for sale. It all must go. : (

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

My dream 204 is up for sale. It all must go. : (

Post by BabaOriley »

My only vehicle is on it's last leg with a hole in the head gasket, and I need to find a replacement. I have my business insurance due for the year 5 days ago. I also have other bills that have to come before said replacement. I'm not blaming this on the economy. It was just a terrible time for my vehicle to die, as my business is slower in winter. I put off talking to the bank all week, and finally went in today to be told exactly what I thought I might hear. NO, NO, and NO. I just took delivery on this rifle in September '08, and paying for it and christmas has made my money situation very tight. So tight I've decided that until I can come up with the money for some other things, I can't afford to own it right now. :cry: With our current government in place, I may not have a chance to own one of these again, at least at these prices.

Specs:
  • Dtech .204 Ruger upper, w/Dtech prepped DPMS Lower
  • 24" Shilen Select Match Barrel 1:10 twist
  • Fluted full length
  • Mike's integral compensator
  • Tuned by Mike RRA 2 stage trigger
  • Magpul winter trigger guard
  • WOA Varmint handguard
  • (2) 1.5" Picatinny Rail section for handguard at front /R+L sides (for sling attachment, not mounted yet)
  • Midwest Industries Heavy Duty Sling Thing QD sling attachment to picatinny rail.
  • Vickers Combat Applications Sling, w/quick adjustment and A2 buttstock attachment adapter.
  • (1) 4" Picatinny Rail section for hanguard at front /bottom (for vertical grip or bipod, not mounted yet)
  • Millett TRS-1, 4-16x50 Illuminated Mil Dot Bar Reticle
  • Armalite 30mm one piece mount/rings
  • Harris S25 Bipod w/pod loc 12-25" /3-section legs (bipod was bought used, and arrived with a couple spots of rust larger than I would have liked, but in the end, it works perfect.)
  • YHM Bipod picatinny QD mount.
  • Ergo Soft Pistol Grip RH. (original will be included)
  • (2) C-Products Straight Stainless Steel 20rd magazine, orange magpul follower, Chrome Silicon spring (These work flawlessly.)
  • (2) C-Products Curved Aluminum 20rd magazine, orange magpul follower, Chrome Silicon spring (Seemed to jam more often using these.)
  • (3) C-Products Curved Aluminum 30rd magazine, green follower, Chrome Silicon spring (Never used)
  • (2) C-Products Straight Aluminum 10rd magazine, gray follower, Chrome Silicon spring (Last round jams using these for some reason.)
  • Will include 8 tactical pulls that replace the floorplate on all magazines, but I didn't find much need for them.
$3000 shipped complete. Firm. Subtract $400 without lower or sling+sling attachments. Subtract $300 without scope or mount. Subtract $150 without bipod or bipod attachments. I will pay shipping from my FFL to yours. No FFL needed if you only want the upper. Wherever you live, I'll be checking the legalities of what can/can't be shipped there. If they charge extra to ship somewhere, you'll have to pay that.

I want to sell this complete, therefore not giving 100% price breaks for keeping some of it. My asking price here also reflects the fact that I don't really want to sell it at all. I also expect you to pay some for not having to wait 8 months like I did for it, or the 1 year wait there is now for them. I'm posting this here first, as many of you on this forum influenced my choice in getting this caliber. I plan on putting it on gunbroker this weekend. Maybe some money will appear out of nowhere in the next week, but until it does, this rifle has to be put up for sale.

PM with questions. It's near mint, but I'm sure there are some scratches in the softer aluminum pieces, as I've made roughly 12 sets calling for coyotes with it this winter, and it's seen ~600 rounds at the range in the last 6 months.

Reloading components:
I also have around ~600 once fired brass, ~200 new prepped/primed new brass, a variety of 2000+ bullets, 12+ pounds of powder, 3000+ primers (CCI 450, Rem 7 1/2, Federal 205M), and ~200 loaded rounds I should sell if the rifle goes. Wilson headspace gauge, K&M flash hole uniformer, ammo boxes. It can all go with the rifle if you tell me the right number. Let's say another $700 if sold with the rifle, otherwise I'll piece it out. The 800+ WW brass is worth $180 easy, bullets should bring $250 easy, powder should be worth $200, primers $120, loaded rounds $150, Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension dies?

If we don't have to do any haggling on prices I'll also include a Dewey rod, Sinclair AR-15 bore guide, and any other caliber specific cleaning accessories I find I have for this rifle, including plastic bore brushes, bore mops, and chamber brushes/mops. Will be shipped with upper wrapped separate, taken apart, and boxed/padded well. Will also include an Allen soft case.

My 500 S&W will be on the block too. Pics here. (I have since learned the trick to getting ALL the carbon off the cylinder face safely, so it is clean now.)
Smith & Wesson M500 8 3/8"
Weigand Picatinny sight base
Lee 500 S&W Dies
Hornady 500 S&W Dies
150 new Starline Brass
Selling all for $1000 shipped in original blue plastic fitted hard case. No papers., pretty sure I have 100+ 350gr XTP bullets to throw in.

(150+) 500 S&W Magnum hand loaded rounds in ammo boxes.
Mixed brass (~80 Starline, ~60 HSM, ~10 Winchester nickel plated)
All use Hornady 350gr XTP JHP bullets
41.8gr Hodgdon H110 powder, CCI BR2 LR Benchrest Primers
~1500FPS = 1750ft-lbs muzzle energy, a great all around load. Doesn't hurt to shoot at all.
Selling for $250 shipped. $200 if sold with pistol.

If M500 and ammo are purchased together, I'll include a $200 submersible fitted foam hardshell suitcase that is virtually indestructable.

Pics:

Will take the vetrap off before shipping if you wish.

Hawkeye Joe

Re: My dream 204 is up for sale. It all must go. : (

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

PM SENT FOR PRIMERS
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Re: My dream 204 is up for sale. It all must go. : (

Post by dannybracy »

pm sent