CZ rings

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

CZ rings

Post by jrwoitalla »

Do all of your CZ rifles come with rings? My 204 didn't. I just took possession of a new 221 fireball and it came with a set of rings. Since I wasn't expecting rings, I bought a set of Burris'. Now I have an extra set of rings for a 527, so if anybody is in need, I'd be willing to make a trade. Additionally, did the dealer to my 204 help himself to the rings before he shipped it to me?
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin
trappinjohn
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Re: CZ rings

Post by trappinjohn »

My 527 came with rings.
They were way higher than I needed, so I bought a medium set though.
RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Post by RowdyYates »

The 527 Varmint models don't come with rings, or, more correctly: "ringmounts"; the Americans - like your .221 FB - do. Don't ask me why, although I'm seeing Varmints being sold for about the same price as Americans some places. Maybe selling V's without the rings balances C-Z's cost some.
I also have an unused set of Burrises for a 527, but for a different reason: thought what were labeled as "medium" height were actually almost exactly the same height as the high stock rings on my 527 .221 (just curious, are your's the same, too?). Warne mediums, by contrast were a full 1/8" lower than the two. Will admit the Burrises are well-made and nice-looking, though.
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by jrwoitalla »

Haven't had a chance to mount the rings yet as I've been gone. Hope to get my scope mounted this week and take the gun out for a test run over the weekend. I'll be scoping it with a Weaver Grand Slam 6-20x40OA with a fine cross/dot. I'd like to get things ready Wed. but my espoused guilt instiller has a rather massive list of tasks for me to accomplish prior to the big eat Thur.
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin