Leupold 3X long tubes are coming back into production

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Leupold 3X long tubes are coming back into production

Post by glenn asher »

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread ... ost4840925

This won't interest a lot of folks here, but the old long-tube 3X is one of those scopes Leupold mistakenly quit making a while back. It's the real deal for boomer shooters and Ruger #1 fans, as it fits in the rings with good eye relief for those rifles. It's probably the perfect glass for stuff like .375 H&H rifles, or the new .416 Rugers. It's old-style long tube makes it easier to mount on long-action rifles, or those with unforgiving ring positions, like those #1s. It's only available (for now) thru Leupold's Custom Shop, but if it sells better than last time, it should make it back to regular production. It's less than $350, and has all the latest lens coatings and such from Leupold.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Red

Re: Leupold 3X long tubes are coming back into production

Post by Red »

Glenn,

I don't see any info on that on their site. Is there any?
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Leupold 3X long tubes are coming back into production

Post by glenn asher »

It was confirmed at the SHOT Show, according to the poster on 24hour, at the link provided. It's supposed to be a "Custom Shop Only" item at the present time, and that was supposedly entered on the Leupold website this week. He called his contact several times about this, he is hungry, apparently, for this scope to be back. :D Check on Leupold's Custom Shop page, it oughta be there by now.

I haven't checked, but I know there are plenty of Number One users out and about, and they'll be pleased about this, too. You just bought one yourself, didn't you? :mrgreen: If I had, for example, a Winchester M70 in .375 H&H, I'd sure like one of those. Africa's not holding it's breath for me to show up, lucky for them, so I don't need one :cry: , but I like the idea.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!