Leupold Rifleman line

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Leupold Rifleman line

Post by greystone »

Does anyone have any experience with these. To me it looks like they're on the low end of the VX-1 line. Supposedly the adjustments are friction-not click. I have a chance to buy a used one in 4x12x40 but haven't seen it yet. The Leupold's website says the adjustments are in 1/2" increments. I wonder about that? Any opinions? Dave
Medic52
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 SPS Varmint

Re: Leupold Rifleman line

Post by Medic52 »

Dave, They are on the low end of Leupold line. I had one mounted on a rimfire and it was alright, my next one that I bought I upgraded to the VX-II now that is a whole new scope. If you can afford to save up a little more an get you something better you will be glad in the long run.......I was
" The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he LOVES what is behind him." G.K.Chesterton

REM 700 SPS Varmint Elite 6x24x40
LIFE MEMBER NRA
TROPHY LIFE MEMBER NAHC
Sagebrush Burns
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 Long Range Precision Varminter

Post by Sagebrush Burns »

I was given a 3-9 for Christmas last year. On first glance I thought it was a "cheapie" but experience prooved otherwise. The optics seem quite clear and the adjustments have been right on. I think it is a good value in a lower cost scope.
greystone

Post by greystone »

Thanks for the replies but I ended up buying a Vortex. I really didn't know too much about this brand but it came highly recommended from one of the gun shops I frequent. Its on the gun but that's as far as I got. Hopefully it will warm up around here so I can get some range time in next weekend. Below zero all day today. Dave
Timmy77
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Leupold VXIII 4.5x14-50 VHR

Post by Timmy77 »

greystone wrote:Thanks for the replies but I ended up buying a Vortex. I really didn't know too much about this brand but it came highly recommended from one of the gun shops I frequent. Its on the gun but that's as far as I got. Hopefully it will warm up around here so I can get some range time in next weekend. Below zero all day today. Dave
Let us know what you think of the Vortex as I have been looking at them for awhile. What local shop as I'm in MN as well and see there really pushing them at Kjergaard Sports thats near me.

Tim
greystone

Post by greystone »

Hey Tim
I bought my scope at Kjergaards! Small world. Borch's in Marshall is really pushing them too. So far I like the scope but I really haven't given it a good workout yet. I've shot spme groups with it. Everything seems to work just fine. 4 clicks is one inch at 100. The optics are clear. BTW I bout the 4-12 Diamonback. Where are you located? Dave