Nikon hath sinned against me

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Re: Nikon hath sinned against me

Post by RowdyYates »

jrwoitalla wrote:
RowdyYates wrote:FWIW, in my quest to upgrade my optics from the middling Nikons, I ran across a Sightron SII Big Sky 4-16X42. Wanted side-focus and a little more mag., but it came with 1/8" click semi-target turrets, a sunshade, and it was only $400 new - they're almost 1/2 again that much everywhere else. Am impressed with the brightness and clarity so far, although I need to get it on a rifle, probably my .221 FB or coyote-ready .204, to truly test it. Might be a brand/model for those looking for a good scope in sub-Leupold $ range to check out...
I sold an S11 because I was not happy with its resolution/contrast. That was about eight years ago. Things might be different now...they may have improved. Good luck. Let us know. For $200 my Nitrex 6-20x50OA beats to hill the Nikon Monarch, Bushnell 3200, and the Sighton S11 that I've had. In fact, if I wanted to significantly step up(I'm thinking) I'd have to go Leupold VX111, Burris Black Diamond, or Zeiss.
The SII Big Sky is a newer, improved version of the SII; they share only the SII name...