Nitrex TR1 6-20x50OA

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Nitrex TR1 6-20x50OA

Post by jrwoitalla »

I just got home from a day in the field using my new Nitrex mounted on a CZ 452 17hmr. After sighting it in, it became very clear that this scope was every bit as good as my 3 Weaver Grand Slams in the same power range. It has the same reticle as the GS, the fit and finish appears top notch, the distance markings are true, resolution is far, far superior to my Nikon Monarch(which this scope was purchased to replace), and the eye relief seems even better than my old GS. I have a TR2, but this TR1 IMO is better. Many people have compared the TR1 to Bushnell 3200's. I disagree, I sold my 3200 because I wasn't happy with its resolving power, this new scope is definitely a keeper. This particular model of TR1 is a surprising breath of fresh air. The only draw back I have with it is its size. However since I bought it for sitting in a chair and shooting at squirrels and targets that is not an issue for me. If a person wants to hunt bigger game I'd suggest getting a 3x9 anyway. For $199 this scope is indeed a best buy. Too bad I missed the $50 rebate.
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin
mkane
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: Nitrex TR1 6-20x50OA

Post by mkane »

Have a couple of those, quite nice IMO.